2 x storm bolters on Rhino's

Cian

Greetings

Looking through my DA dex to add storm bolters to my  whirlwinds (figured a 50% chance to keep my missiles if a weapon destroyed result comes up for the small cost is worth it) and just come up with this idea - could i add another storm bolter from the vehicle equipment list to my rhino's thus giving them 2 x storm bolters ?

Also what about my LR or  LRC ?

I must admit im feeling a bit of a shed head this A.M. through lack of sleep so am i missing something here or is the answer staring me in the face, would it be legal, is it a bit cheesy, the benefit of your wisdom would be gratefully received.

Cian

I believe weapon destroyed results are a random roll to wee what weapon is destroyed, so in theory yes i believe that would work, although it also gives your rhino's more punch and your Whirlwind something to do if it does get a destroyed hit on the launcher.

I believe weapon destroyed results are a random roll to wee what weapon is destroyed, so in theory yes i believe that would work, although it also gives your rhino's more punch and your Whirlwind something to do if it does get a destroyed hit on the launcher.

I do not think you read his post, read it again.

To the OP:

Yes you could add a second storm bolter to your Rhinos, there isn't anything saying that you cannot.  I don't know whether or not you can take two storm bolters for your LRs though.  Would be funny to pay 100 pts in storm bolters for an AV14 storm bolter spammer though XD

Any vehicle that can access the Vehicle Equipment list can add a single storm bolter for the requisite points. So your Rhino can have 2 storm bolters, and your Land Raiders can also take a storm bolter each.

many thanks chaps, i might just try this on the single rhino i have and the LRC, i was gonna do it on the whirlwinds anyway but another thought just occured my 2 razor backs can do it too (TLLC, TLHB). The next battle i face is against a Nids gaunts/stealer horde and storm bolters will come in usefull when they get close whilst my DW take them in the rear. My Nid opponent suggested the SB on whirlwind a few weeks ago ( we are a friendly bunch).

Cian

Well... I think the pleasure of put a pie plate without LoS is far superior to the pleasure of use a 5pts upgrade.

Moreover, as said above, you pay not to use it but to get a50% chance of losing your weapon, on a weapon loss result instead of 100%. So, mentally, you do not buy an alternative shooting option but a protection option. Hence you're not tempted to use it.

Well I DO see pink elephants every day anyway...

More seriously, you're a IG player and as a matter of consequence you have may have ordnance on a chimera chassis huh? Don't tell me you deploy it or move it every game because you're tempted to use the Front HB rather than the ordnance weapon!

Archived