Sableclaw Conversion

captain sox

Hey folks,

Things at the cat house are starting to calm down after our move, and I'm getting back into the swing of things by tying up loose ends. I started this conversion a while ago of Sammael's Land Speeder. It's 99% done now, aside from drilling his bolt pistol barrel.

then I'll have to paint it unsure.png

Here we go:

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/Odogg242/photo1_zpse85e8a64.jpg

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/Odogg242/photo2_zpse1ea8e47.jpg

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a496/Odogg242/photo3_zps449a2647.jpg

any questions and comments welcome!

Sox

At first I didn't like it. But, as I looked at it further and thought about the lack of any special model for Saberclaw.. it hit me. This is a great idea.

Still I'd like to see Sammael actually driving the vehicle instead of waving his sword uselessly about like my dog hanging out the window when I take him for a drive. Maybe if Sam was piloting and the TL-Hvy Bolters were in the spot he is now?

I dunno.. maybe I'll change my mind once it's painted. Either way I love conversions. Good job!

It's kind of cool actually, and I hate the idea of Sammael in Sableclaw.

He looks like he's orating from the pulpit, Chaplain-style, punctuating his verses with swings of his sword. I can just see him running down a desperately fleeing heretic, ensuring even above the crew of his own Landspeeder that he is first into the fray.

He looks like he's orating from the pulpit, Chaplain-style, punctuating his verses with swings of his sword. I can just see him running down a desperately fleeing heretic, ensuring even above the crew of his own Landspeeder that he is first into the fray.

I cannot remember if it was the first iteration of the Master of the Ravening via an old WD/Index Astartes Article, or the 4th Ed Codex, but didn't the 'old' Sableclaw used to be able to make a Power Weapon attack if it flew over an enemy unit (similar to Chariots in 6th, which if we could so that with Sableclaw would be sweet!)?

EDIT: ....Snip....Work made me grumpy and it came out in my distraction time, Sorry Sox.

Your turret looks really cool, as does your Sammael, if you could find some slightly cooler shoulder pads for him he would look more speshal and more like the Company Master that he is. cool.png

+++Re-enters the most holy Chamber 42 for constructive critisism training+++

biggrin.png

s

FLY ME CLOSER, I WANT TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD!

Ahem.

I like the turret on the back smile.png I reckon this will make a cool centrepiece when you've got it painted!

LOL, you beat me to it:

http://de-motivational-posters.com/images/drive-me-closer-i-want-to-hit-them-with-my-sword.jpg

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. Luckily I used blue tack for Sammy, and the crew (and the twin-linked heavy bolter) so I can still mix and match who sits where.

I also like the idea of him piloting his speeder, and I will see how that works.

Stobz, I just realised that his left shoulder pad isn't even glued on... so I understand why he looks so plain!

will update soon.

I just don't like the Darkshroud. The model does nothing for me at all.

It's not your conversions... they make the most out of an awkward model.

If only I could find the interest to remove the front pulpit/turret and step the gunner back into the speeder cockpit I might feel differently.

I cannot remember if it was the first iteration of the Master of the Ravening via an old WD/Index Astartes Article, or the 4th Ed Codex, but didn't the 'old' Sableclaw used to be able to make a Power Weapon attack if it flew over an enemy unit (similar to Chariots in 6th, which if we could so that with Sableclaw would be sweet!)?

Yeah he did. Can't remember which iteration either but I'm pretty sure he got a single 'special' attack with his sword.

Archived