Night Lords Trim Colour Change in Horus Heresy 2: Massacre?

Now that more people have a copy - is it just me, or did Forge World alter the colour of the Night Lords' trim? 

Previously it was midnight blue with light gold/brassy trim, and all the Night Lords and exemplified shoulder pads in HH2 appear to be almost silver, with maaaaaybe a slight tint of gold on a couple of them. Is it just my printing, or is this intentional?

(I guess it does differentiate them from Ultramarines a little more...)

If it is intentional, anyone have any idea how to get this colour on a mass-scale? 

All the pictures I've seen in Massacre (and I'm looking at my copy right now) show them as having uniformly silver trim, with certain sections of vehicles and certain infantry formations bearing white sections of armor. It appears Forge World is attempting to delineate Pre and Post-Heresy Night Lords by changing their armor trim from silver to bronze.

All the pictures I've seen in Massacre (and I'm looking at my copy right now) show them as having uniformly silver trim, with certain sections of vehicles and certain infantry formations bearing white sections of armor. It appears Forge World is attempting to delineate Pre and Post-Heresy Night Lords by changing their armor trim from silver to bronze.

That appears to be the case. I'm liking the look, as it sets them apart from the Ultramarines very nicely. 

A couple of the shoulder pad trims appear to be SLIGHTLY tinted bronze-ish, but only in comparison to the silver next to it. I like the white/grey ceramite look on some of the models as well. Nice to see that the lightning was given an explanation as well - embedded, sub-surface projectors within the armour itself. 

Yeah I don't really mind it, seeing as the Night Lords were probably one of the only legions aside from the Iron Warriors who changed nothing aside from their icon. I like the pre and post heresy color shifts in other armies, it makes a lot of sense especially for the traitors to wipe away the past.

Honestly, I think the cold iron is a more appealing color than the bright bronze.

Agreed. I'm glad I waited to really get started. (Buying a house had nothing to do with it. Nope. Planned the whole thing.)

Yeah I don't really mind it, seeing as the Night Lords were probably one of the only legions aside from the Iron Warriors who changed nothing aside from their icon. I like the pre and post heresy color shifts in other armies, it makes a lot of sense especially for the traitors to wipe away the past.

They didn't even really change their icon. The addition of the Octed is kind of a 2nd Edition thing, and the more recent Night Lords stuff, not to mention the idea that they don't even operate as a legion means you're probably more likely to see the pre-heresy emblem as the one with the Octed behind it. 

I'm okay with that.

Archived