[HH1.0] Iron Hands Tactics

Noctus Cornix

Orth is wasted in an achiles, has it has sunder on the main cannon.

For the Castellax, Either all DFGs or Maulers. The rangers and utilities do not mix well at all. Targeting array is a must.

Ferrus Manus is such a gnarly beast, last game he played wack a mole with 2 FW knights

Orth is wasted in an achiles, has it has sunder on the main cannon.

For the Castellax, Either all DFGs or Maulers. The rangers and utilities do not mix well at all. Targeting array is a must.

Ferrus Manus is such a gnarly beast, last game he played wack a mole with 2 FW knights

Thanks for the insight!

What's a good ride for Orth in that case?

Shall I still keep Ferrus with a command squad in there?

I'll have to jig points around for Castellax - it's a shame Battlescribe doesn't have them done yet. Is it ever worth running one tooled up and with Paragon of Metal, or are a pair usually better?

Which tanks are best to put him in if you were going to do so then? I know Sicarans seem to be best but I'm thinking something more.. Heavy

He does well in a Predator Executioner as part of a squad. BS5 plasma templates backing up some predator cannons with tank hunter in a squad is rather nice. You can even go the full ten yards and give them Lascannons and outflank. Side armour assassin squadron.

Put him in a Deathstar spartan to make it even more of a threat/ tank hunter laser destoryers :biggrin.:

I suppose a Vindicator Laser Destroyer with him in would be THE end of tanks - roll two dice and pick the highest per shot, re-rolling if it still fails O.O, expand this onto the Sicaran Venator and ooooboy!

Caestus Assault Ram is especially Brutal when he is the warlord. +2 total Vehicle damage adding the best of 2 dice to S10 when Ramming with his ride, plus tank-hunting magna melta.

Then you have the LoW and I'm sure he'll do filthy things to a Fellblade or Glaive.

@ Carlo, you can do metalic black (brushed steel) like in my WIP thread and they are pretty unique.

Aye - that is probably what I'd go for. Something quick and dirty like the DG I started - who were inspired by the two Iron Legion's anyway.

Edited by Charlo

I am a fan of an Orth Caestus force. I think it may be an oversight, but its one of those just l lololol moments.

I just Rammed your Spartan to death. Enjoy!

Can you ram the turn you enter play? And also, as it is a "tank" can the Caestus outflank? Because I'm seeing a hilarious opportunity if so.

Just made a quick list to take advantage of ferrus and the right not to great but built using models that I have

+++ Ferrus + Row (2985pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

Spearhead-Centurion Castrmen Orth

+ Troops +

Legion Tactical Squad [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]

····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Tactical Squad [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla]

····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

+ Elites +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon

····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Carapace Mounted Havoc Launcher, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, 2x Graviton Gun]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon

····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Carapace Mounted Havoc Launcher, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, 2x Graviton Gun]

Gorgon Terminator Squad [9x Gorgon Terminator, 2x Graviton Gun]

····Gorgon Hammerbearer [Grenade Harness]

····Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield, Laser Destroyers]

+ Fast Attack +

Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter [battle Servitor Control, Ground-tracking Auguries, 2x Two Electromagnetic storm charges]

+ Heavy Support +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought [Aiolos Missile Launcher, Armoured Ceramite, Twin-linked Heavy Flamer]

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron

····Legion Predator Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Lascannons]

····Legion Predator Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Lascannons]

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Heavy Bolters]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [X: Iron Hands]

+ Lord of War +

Ferrus Manus

····Master of the Legion [The Head of the Gorgon]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

Low number of bodies but pretty awesome. So much regenerating hull points!

For lols I'd be tempted to drop a contemptor and some terminators and give the Tac squads some Proteus, purely for the AV14 wall.

Just roll around lascannoning things and tank shocking/ blocking LoS.