[HH1.0] Iron Hands Tactics

Noctus Cornix

"You win".

Basically, take everything that is strong about legion lists, and win.

Dreadclaw Terminators (the sooner FW remove access to all legion terminators getting this as a DT, the better for everyones list viability), with Monstrous Creatures (Iron Circle), AP2 Uber Accurate artillery, and Rocket Vomit.

Throw in fearless vs Shooting and evem Bitter End becomes less of an issue.

Edit, oops, this is IH. My bad.

Edited by Hesh Kadesh

To be honest, I'm more exited about some of the new generic RoWs (Robots and Tanks and Dreads):

• rite making contemptor and regular dreadnought talons troops not elites, must take forge lord and primius medicea as additional HQs.
  • rite allowing any battle-automata (castellax, vorax, domitar) as their respective FoC slots in a legion army (non-complusory), must include 1+ cortex controller, a forge lord / iron father / warsmith must be taken, and only more forge lords or praevain may be taken as consuls
  • rite making predator squadrons troops, sicarans (regular only) elites and allowing a single predator or sicaran as a HQ choice, all non-vehicle units must have transports

For the last one, my idea for an 'Iron Tide' Armoured Company is finally possible (if very, very impractical):

Company Warleader in a HQ Sicaran, then three 'Phalanxes' each consisting of 3 squads of 3 Predators, plus a sub-commander in a Sicaran for each

So you've got 4 Sicarans and 27 Predators, 18 of which are scoring.

I'm absolutely mad aren't I?

Edit: put Orth in the HQ Sicaran :drool:

Edited by Iron Hands Fanatic

The new IH RoW is interesting, as Immortals have access to something we all want. MORE SPARTANS! With volkites, they obliterate anything they can wound on a 4+ or less. With Hatred and melta bombs, they will murder everything that bares and armour value or is a monstrous creature. The flesh is weak, and they are out to prove it.

I also agree with IHF!

We got some serious fun with the new generic RoW! Battle Automata spam! Tank Company! Dreadhead lists! Ferrus will make all of these ridiculous with the IWND to armour buff. We are about to enter another age of glory brothers!

Do they fix that useless Gun the Down special rule?

Nope, not as far as I'm aware. I didn't see any changes to the Iron Hands at first glance in the AoD Legions book but I also haven't put them under close scrutiny yet either.

Fellow sons of Ferrus I am confused. Gorgans are clad in proto Indomitus pattern armor But does that count as tartaros armor? Or is it just 5++ without the ability to make sweeping advances? Can they make sweeping advances?