RW Command Squad or RW Black Knights?

Kimbaras

You know what I find amusing?  The 6+ precision shot for characters in a deathwing command squad is considered valuable, but the 5+ precision shot that Belial gets if he takes his heavenfall blade is considered garbage. 

the 5+ precision shot that Belial gets if he takes his heavenfall blade is considered garbage.

Not by me. I just need to finish building the model I have planned.

You know what I find amusing?  The 6+ precision shot for characters in a deathwing command squad is considered valuable, but the 5+ precision shot that Belial gets if he takes his heavenfall blade is considered garbage. 

Belial's not shooting with plasma though... So that might have some bearing. ;)

You know what I find amusing? The 6+ precision shot for characters in a deathwing command squad is considered valuable, but the 5+ precision shot that Belial gets if he takes his heavenfall blade is considered garbage.

Belial's not shooting with plasma though... So that might have some bearing. msn-wink.gif

Nah..that couldn't be the reason whistlingW.gif

Thanks everyone for the replies! Think I'm going with the command squad then!

one last thing, usually my bike mounted Libby uses prescience and psychic shriek (usually), would you run him the same or you prefer (if the dice is with you) others powers?

That's a pretty solid combo.  Prescience isn't hugely necessary as all of their shots are already twin linked.  It certainly does make their attacks in CQC more effective and since I run my Libby with a force axe, that helps as well.  But with the volume of attacks BKs put out, it's not hard to score hits and sweep most units.  Pyschic Shriek is pretty awesome, the only downside is that sometimes you might shriek yourself out of range. 

If I run ML2, I roll on both (even though I usually end up taking the primaris powers) hoping for invisibility or hallucination (puppet master not bad either).  If I'm ML1 I usually try for Telepathy anyway for puppet master.  One day I'll try rolling telekensis in hopes of getting Gate of Infinity; I'm almost positive I've never tried rolling on it -- deep striking your black knights across the board to another bike squad would be pretty funny.

Thanks everyone for the replies! Think I'm going with the command squad then!

one last thing, usually my bike mounted Libby uses prescience and psychic shriek (usually), would you run him the same or you prefer (if the dice is with you) others powers?

Well, on the one hand, Prescience isn't particularly useful to me in my alpha strike, since the DWA gets vengeful strike, the crusaders are twinlinked anyway, and the assault unit is buttoned up inside the tank at the start of that turn...but, on the other hand, the ability to sustain the momentum by twinlinking a unit on subsequent turns probably outweighs the random small number of kills from Psychic Shriek. Pyromancy would be a good alternative for a bike libby, though...the primaris power being a heavy flamer is kind of weak if you're walking...but on a bike? Gold. Sunburst and Inferno are both good enough to keep instead of the primaris...can you "look out, Sir!" a focused witchfire?

Umm, think i'll give a try to a bike libby with prescience and pyro, as also i've found the rolls for psychic shriek hates me, and more then once i've rolled something like...4 or 5, so wasted the warp charge...

Archived