Moriar the Chosen

Memento Of Prospero

Didn't he fall defending a bridge against like a thousand orks, at captain rank. Fell to the black rage once entombed within the dreadnought?

Moriar was once the Captain of the Blood Angels' 4th Company until he fell on the field of battle at Clamorga defending a ridge against the insidious Eldar. His mortal wounds proved too numerous and severe for even the skills of the Sanguinary Priests. As such, Moriar was interred within the Adamantium sarcophagus of a mighty Furioso Dreadnought built by Brother Morleo, which had contained the Blood Angel heroes Belaphon, Dario and Amaretto before him. Upon awakening in his new, nigh-indestructible cybernetic body, Moriar was overcome by visions of Sanguinius' death during the Horus Heresy. Moriar's own near-death state triggered the curse of the Black Rage, an unusual occurrence in Blood Angels Dreadnoughts. Immortal now in his Adamantium shell, Moriar managed to survive the ravages of the Black Rage, hungering for battle and death. He was then given the honour of continuing to serve his Chapter by being placed within the Chapter's infamous Death Company. As the sole Dreadnought to serve with this company of dead men walking, Moriar now fights completely without fear, as befits warriors certain of their own demise, and the furious willpower lent them by the Black Rage. With his Deadnought body, he has been rendered impervious to wounds that would kill a regular Battle-Brother. Some of the Blood Angels' greatest victories have followed in the wake of the furious assaults led by Moriar the Chosen and the Death Company. Yet despite the glories of Moriar's valorous deeds, a price must be paid, for in the fleeting calm of victory the mighty Dreadnought has sometimes also succumbed to the effects of the Red Thirst. To restrain him when not in battle the revered Brothers of the Armouriam have modified his armoured shell so that he may partake of the blood required to slake that awful curse.

Eldar nots orks, damn pointy ears

There was a picture of Moriar's sarcophagus in the Blood Angels codex that predated the White Dwarf codex. I also think the same picture was in the 3rd edition codex. I'm working away for a few weeks so cant put up a picture. From memory the sarcophagus is quite similar to a standard dreadnought's and features a skull and cross bones in the centre with Moriar written on scroll work below this. As far as I'm aware there was never a full official picture of him.

I think I'm right in saying the picture that's been put up on here is someone's interpretation of him and it's not official. Also the sarcophagus doesn't match the artwork for him.

http://mkerrchainfist.blogspot.ca/2010/08/forgotten-heroes-moriar-chosen.html

The image of his sarcophagus is from 3rd ed codex,  but I don't think I have seen any official pics of a model kicking around, besides that CCG pic that was posted earlier in the thread.

I actually quite like the home grown rules to bring Moriar in line with 6th ed in that link as well.  He's pretty deadly.

Ahh cheers Blindhamster. Codex Angels of Death must have been 2nd edition then? Got confused and thought that was 3rd. Lost track of what codex went with what edition over the years!

Yeah the picture Sanguine Eternal posted the link to was the one I was on about. Although my describing it was quite poor. I'm certain thats the only official picture of Moriar that's been released. Although now we know what his banner looks like.

Would love to see him make a return in our next codex.

• 2 months later...

Yet despite the glories of Moriar's valorous deeds, a price must be paid, for in the fleeting calm of victory the mighty Dreadnought has sometimes also succumbed to the effects of the Red Thirst. To restrain him when not in battle the revered Brothers of the Armouriam have modified his armoured shell so that he may partake of the blood required to slake that awful curse.

Take a normal DC dread and greenstuff a silly straw on the sarcophagi, done! thumbsup.gif

Yet despite the glories of Moriar's valorous deeds, a price must be paid, for in the fleeting calm of victory the mighty Dreadnought has sometimes also succumbed to the effects of the Red Thirst. To restrain him when not in battle the revered Brothers of the Armouriam have modified his armoured shell so that he may partake of the blood required to slake that awful curse.

Take a normal DC dread and greenstuff a silly straw on the sarcophagi, done! thumbsup.gif

I have actually been pondering for a while how to model my Dreads to have blood-drinking "equipment."

A silly straw it is then! biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

Go for it brother. Inspiration never hurts!

My apologizes brother but i cannot figure out how to get a picture on here directly.......... well here's a link to it!   

http://thegreatberserker.deviantart.com/art/Moriar-The-Chosen-426994545

A wise man one said to me....

HOLY :cuss BROTHER!

Consider me inspired.

Archived