A little Curze on all Hallows Eve [ARTWORK]

Colrouphobic

So I held a competition on my blog and company FB-pagethe past two weeks, showcasing a piece of art that had puzzle-pieces being revealed every day.

Here is where I display the final artwork:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/303/7/5/conrad_curze___night_haunter_by_1mpact-d6sd5yx.jpg

Studiocolrouphobia.net

Studio Colrouphobia also has a twitter account: https://twitter.com/Colrouphobia

Studio Colrouphobia also has a Facebook-page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Studio-Colrouphobia-Concepts-and-Illustrations/20588351315

Lovely work, but I do feel he's lacking the look of an unhinged psychopath. Not that he should be frothing at the mouth 24/7 or anything, but he looks very....serene.

The feather does hint at the Haunter's sadistic edge, but if a viewer didn't know the reference of the feather they would be rather lost, I think.

Anyway, still, lovely work. I only wish I had that level of talent smile.png

Thanks smile.png

Firepower- I do not believe in talent, I believe in hard work. I spent the past 10 years painting (and often less then I wanted to) and I still need to improve...

Ah well, it's all a matter of perspective, isn't it? For those of us who are not artists, this genuinely looks impressive. For yourself, having been doing this sort of thing for a while (and the fact that it's your own work), it's much easier to find flaws. That said, the drive to improve is a good indication of your outlook - you are a good artist without illusions of grandeur. I look forward to more of your work in the future. ;)

Lovely work, but I do feel he's lacking the look of an unhinged psychopath

Ah, but that's the wonderful part of psychopathy, they can have periods inbetween psychotic urgings to kill with utmost calm and "normalcy" to the outside viewer; but it's merely the eye of the storm.  Noone would've suspected half of the world's most infamous serial killers of being psychos, and you know why? They looked and acted like everyone else.  

Excellent piece Colrouphobic!

Thanks smile.png

Firepower- I do not believe in talent, I believe in hard work. I spent the past 10 years painting (and often less then I wanted to) and I still need to improve...

I'd argue that there are both :P But talent can only go so far without mind numbing amounts of practice, as in all things.

For instance, I have talent, but I'm a lazy :cuss , so I can't do this :D

I think it's a brilliant piece of work and I'd have to agree with T_C. Frothing at the mouth lunatics are scary, but are almost a known quantity. The quiet, composed killer should be the one that really worries you.

<looks over at ForgeWorld> Dudes! Top this, I dare you!

* The one thing that I haven't figured out is his eyes. The left one tracks me when I move my point of perspective, but the right eye...I'm not entirely sure what it is doing.

His face is perhabs a bit too smug, something that would go better for Fulgrim. But its a masterpiece non the less.

Reminiscence.

remembering the fight with Corax on Istvaan...

cheers smile.png

Well in that case I guess the face is good haha. I really love the detail of him holding the raven feather. It adds a nice touch.

I think it's a brilliant piece of work and I'd have to agree with T_C. Frothing at the mouth lunatics are scary, but are almost a known quantity. The quiet, composed killer should be the one that really worries you.

<looks over at ForgeWorld> Dudes! Top this, I dare you!

* The one thing that I haven't figured out is his eyes. The left one tracks me when I move my point of perspective, but the right eye...I'm not entirely sure what it is doing.

Yeah, the eyes are almost pure black, but when I added the ligh-bounce from the lightning on the left eye it almost looks like he is looking in a crtain direction... one of them imperfections that I can see in my own work :/

Yeah, the eyes are almost pure black, but when I added the light-bounce from the lightning on the left eye it almost looks like he is looking in a certain direction... one of them imperfections that I can see in my own work :/

Well, that makes a lot of sense. I know that you're not supposed to have to "explain" art, just experience it, but that is helpful and I do see the blackness you are referring to now and it is logical that the other eye remains dark.

I suppose "art critics" can debate whether additional light points should have been used to emphasize the effect (e.g. nose line, cheek bone, armor), but that might have ruined the balance of the key feature, i.e. the face, so I'll leave that useless activity to others*.

I remain extremely impressed.

* I am sure there are very valuable art criticisms out there. I just haven't come across any yet. :)

Archived