Where are they now? 40k edition

Westcl2

So i've been listening to some of the audiobooks and just had some thoughts.

Is the Inquisitor Nemiel who gets his head falcon punched off by the Lion(in the Lion) the same, as the Nemiel who is Zahariel's cousin in Descent of Angels?

Did Zahariel join the fallen?

Attius the untamed in the rise of balthazar, is that the same nerdy knight picked on by oliath from descent of angels?

On that note, can anyone else think of any of the more captivating characters status in the HH timeline?

pardon my spelling, as it was an audiobook i don't know the way the author chose to spell these names.

So i've been listening to some of the audiobooks and just had some thoughts.

Remember, thoughts are dangerous in the service of the Emperor. ;)

Is the Inquisitor Nemiel who gets his head falcon punched off by the Lion(in the Lion) the same, as the Nemiel who is Zahariel's cousin in Descent of Angels?

Yes.

Did Zahariel join the fallen?

Unknown for sure, but he might have. There is a Fallen named Zahariel on the cover of the Limited Edition DA Codex.

Attius the untamed in the rise of balthazar, is that the same nerdy knight picked on by oliath from descent of angels?

Now I need to go back and read Descent again, because I don't remember a "picking on" scene at all.

On that note, can anyone else think of any of the more captivating characters status in the HH timeline?

Well, Corswain is dead by the 41st Millenium, his name is used in an honor title in the Ravenwing novel. The Lion is asleep in the Rock and no one but the Emperor and presumably the Watchers in the Dark know. Luther is a captive in the Rock and used as an unreliable prognostication device.

Well, Attius is in Fallen Angels on Caliban with Luther and Zahariel, so he may well be the same one.

I read somewhere that it is Zahariel who fires on the Lion's fleet first (ie fires the planetary defences) to spark the destruction of Caliban... But I can't remember where or when, so can't vouch for its voracity.

Well, Attius is in Fallen Angels on Caliban with Luther and Zahariel, so he may well be the same one.

I read somewhere that it is Zahariel who fires on the Lion's fleet first (ie fires the planetary defences) to spark the destruction of Caliban... But I can't remember where or when, so can't vouch for its voracity.

Believe that was Astelien in both AoD and Fallen Angels...

Also, Nemiel was a Chaplain, not an Inquisitor.

sorry i think the title they used was inquisitor chaplain or something along those lines, my mistake

the attius one i'm wondering about because at the end of descent of angels he gets horrible wounded by those lizard things, but an apoth gets to him.....so maybe it is him

Nemiel is a Brother-Redemptor, as a Chaplain.

This has bugged me for a while. At this time the Fallen haven't, so why "Redemptor"? What redemption do the Dark Angels need?

Nemiel is a Brother-Redemptor, as a Chaplain.

This has bugged me for a while. At this time the Fallen haven't, so why "Redemptor"? What redemption do the Dark Angels need?

In the context of the book, it seemed he was there to ensure that the psykers weren't using their powers.  so maybe redemption for the taint of the warp?

Innocence is no defense!  Repent!

I'm a bit bummed.  I thought this thread was going to be about models that collect dust because new rules made them a liability or outright illegal.  One of my favorite models is my scout sergeant who is armed with a stormbolter and powerfist.  Yes, he thinks he's ready to strap on that TDA...which is why he's not yet a full battle brother.  He has yet to learn humility!

Either way you cut it, "Brother-Redemptor" was a poor choice for a pre-Heresy title.  It's obvious the author was seeking a tie-in to what we know the Dark Angels will become... but it's simply out of place.

But yeah, thus far Heresy-era Dark Angels I can recall to be confirmed by some source to still be active (one way or another) include:

Cypher

Methelas

Anovel

Chapter Master Astelan (captured)

Attias the Untamed (captured)

Innocence is no defense!  Repent!

I'm a bit bummed.  I thought this thread was going to be about models that collect dust because new rules made them a liability or outright illegal.  One of my favorite models is my scout sergeant who is armed with a stormbolter and powerfist.  Yes, he thinks he's ready to strap on that TDA...which is why he's not yet a full battle brother.  He has yet to learn humility!

I thought it was going to be about outdated models too! ;)

Still a good thread though, as I've been listening to some audiobooks too and I'm starting to piece things together and build on my fluff.

I gotta ask you though - why is you favourite Scout Sergeant getting dusty, I believe it is still legal and the Storm Bolter is good for shooty, and the Power Fist is good for punching tanks in the poo'pipe...

I gotta ask you though - why is you favourite Scout Sergeant getting dusty, I believe it is still legal and the Storm Bolter is good for shooty, and the Power Fist is good for punching tanks in the poo'pipe...

He was illegal in 5th edition.  Now, scouts are...I dunno...meh.  No charging off the flanks, no BS4, they're cheap, but not worth their points.  The sergeant gathered dust in 5th, in 6th, all my scouts do!

He was illegal in 5th edition.  Now, scouts are...I dunno...meh.  No charging off the flanks, no BS4, they're cheap, but not worth their points.  The sergeant gathered dust in 5th, in 6th, all my scouts do!

Yeah I haven't played much since 1st/2nd Ed - And I must say that the Scouts are very lacking since I've come back in 6th. I really like them, have loads of them, but they are a bitcrap. And the DA's don't even get Scout bikers, or Land Speeder Storms either :( So even weaker for us.

On a more topic relevant note; Like the worlds hardest lemmings! - The Space Marines are always free falling from the skies without turning their Jump Packs on! Especially if you listen to the same audio novel each time, forgetting it's the same one you played last time.. ;)

Archived