Red Scorpion tactical apothecaries

old git

With FW releasing chapter tactics for their own creations and in particular the Red Scorpions, of which I have a reasonably large collection, I was thinking of modelling some tac squad Sgts with a narthecium, as allowed by their trait. Thing is, the narthecium doesn't replace anything, it's an upgrade, and so the Sgt can still have any other equipment normally allowed him. This naturally leads to the "how to model it" question. I was thinking maybe a servo arm or mecha-dendrite kind of thing coming from the backpack, with an attached narthecium. This would allow both of the models arms to carry normal wargear. What say the forum? Do you think it would look OK? Not too weird?

I made an Apothecary for my Command Squad out of spare bits, following this tutorial I found: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69370

If you're lucky enough to have the bits lying around then I hope this might help you out.

That's a very expensive conversion, especially if he's going to have multiple apothecaries in his force.

Are you any good with greenstuff and sculpting? Putting the larger cuff around a normal marine arm wouldn't be too difficult, and you could easily make the reductor/syringe bit from plastic tubing and a bit of brass rod. Heck, even making the little chainsword part of it wouldn't be all that tough and you wouldn't need to chop up your assault marine bits for it.

I was actually looking for that tutorial. I remembered it from some time back when I was looking for the same thing. The ones I am doing are a little different but basically the same concept. I've been using some spare terminator storm shield arms to get the cuff. But I'm lucky enough to have spares. If I find the time, and my memory doesn't fail me, I'll post up a picture.

• 1 year later...

Your idea seems ok to me, OG.  The Red Scorpions are obviously technical enough to have servo arm equipment.  They are credited with creating the Land Raider Helios so I assume their Techmarines are quite competent.

Archived