Blood Angels Digital Codex Changes

TheHarrower

I would personally be disappointed if the digital codex had a few minor changes (outside of what's in FAQs already).  So happy to hear its the same as the book.

I still think we are getting a new codex, likely November 2014-January 2015 range.

So I looked at this a bit more and it actually says Mephiston gets 3 powers. See below:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HsWUZlQLZPE/UnVS1oM1gvI/AAAAAAAABBs/y_5Cb1zXBN0/s1600/MephistonProfile.jpg

Now the weird thing is in the Psychic Powers section, it says he only gets two. I also found an entry where Deep Strike isn't listed for the Stormraven. It's all very odd and I have more detail on my blog. I just hope Mephiston keeps all three powers. That would rock.

Man, it's like they really don't want people to buy that new VV kit?  Or marine jump infantry in general?

Pretty much everyone I know (including myself) have picked up a box of the sternguards but everyone has passed on the VVs  due to the rules being crap. It's just like that gorgeous warp talon/raptor kit that nobody buys. :(

i just went through the new digital dex, and then checked out the WD: all it really is is an upgrade to the digital world with the latest FAQ and hyperlinks; just like they promised

all you people that read naftka must also believe that the Guard is getting a riptide/wraithknight type vehicle too, don't you teehee.gif Rule of thumb, rumor boards are just that "rumors"

Yes i think it sucks that GW didn't at least add a warlords table or maybe make the points more inline with the other marine codacies but it is fully updated, interactive, and and well SHINY so im happier

i just went through the new digital dex, and then checked out the WD: all it really is is an upgrade to the digital world with the latest FAQ and hyperlinks; just like they promised 

I think you need to work on your reading comprehension because there are some changes and a bunch of typos. Mephiston having access to three psychic powers and Furioso Dreadnoughts being able to take book powers being the most notable.

As the person that started the thread, I wasn't settled on anything being changed. I was just passing the news along. If we didn't discuss rumors and the like we would run out of topics pretty quickly. You also could have made your point without insulting everyone. Just saying.

@TheHarrower

"Mephiston having access to three psychic powers and Furioso Dreadnoughts being able to take book powers being the most notable...."  

really because that was faq a long time ago & all race types were listed in the rule book as being listed to be able to get powers from their book if they had any or those from a list for their army type; one reason why every marine player wants tigrus is because he is the only C:SM that can (could?) take divination

check your paper codex again page 82 under Mephiston: Psychic Powers   i believe you will see a number of powers and what does the main rulebook say about psykers and powers?

maybe my internet etiquette is a little rusty but didn't they create emocons to add signs that would appear in a regular conversation but never in plain txt?

@TheHarrower

"Mephiston having access to three psychic powers and Furioso Dreadnoughts being able to take book powers being the most notable...."  

really because that was faq a long time ago & all race types were listed in the rule book as being listed to be able to get powers from their book if they had any or those from a list for their army type; one reason why every marine player wants tigrus is because he is the only C:SM that can (could?) take divination

check your paper codex again page 82 under Mephiston: Psychic Powers   i believe you will see a number of powers and what does the main rulebook say about psykers and powers?

maybe my internet etiquette is a little rusty but didn't they create emocons to add signs that would appear in a regular conversation but never in plain txt?

I believe we're talking about the digital codex, which is more supposed to be more updated that the paper codex, and any differences between them as such.

@ScionsofLight,

Before the digital codex, I believe Mephy was only able to pick two powers from the BRB, but was still a Mastery lvl 3.  Yes he has 3 BA codex powers at his disposal, but up until the digital release, I believe he could still only take 2 BRB powers. (But why would you, he can fly, hit you with str.10 and still activate his force weapon with 3 warp charges.

And the Furioso Librarian was never FAQ'd for BRB powers up until the digital dex as well...  Was stuck with codex powers, which I believe are still better for it currently anyways.  It's nice to have options though.

@TheHarrower

In the FAQ, Mephiston can only take 2 powers from the Rulebook or he can keep the 3 he has. Copied the text here:

A Blood Angels Librarian (including Mephiston) may use the psychic disciplines found in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook, instead of those in Codex: Blood Angels. If he does so, generate two new powers from the Biomancy, Divination, Telepathy or Telekinesis disciplines (in any combination) before armies are deployed.

This is still in the Digital Codex under the Psychic Powers section, but under the army list it says Mephiston can take 3 powers. More info on the discrepancies in the digital codex with pics are up on my blog (linked in my sig).

Regarding the Furioso Librarian, he couldn't take book powers before.

I wasn't sure of the intention of your post, but it did come off as rude emoticon or not. It's really hard to gauge subtlety in the written word on a forum. With your low post count, I thought you were just trolling the forum. My mistake and I apologize for calling you out. Welcome to B&C and I hope this doesn't turn you away from posting more. It's nice to see some new blood on the forums (terrible pun, I know).

I've just noticed another issue - the cost for Extra Armour/Locator Beacon on a Stormraven is the one in the Codex, rather than the one in the Death from the Skies.

I was sort of hoping they'd at least sort that one out.

Mark 

If you go back and look at the unit listings, you'll see it has the one listed from Death from the Skies because it has Skies of Fury instead of Skies on Blood. Pretty frustrating.

Archived