Change of paint scheme, opinions needed please

Silver fang

Hi guys,

I few months ago I started a marine army under the name of the Storm Angels. They are silver with white trim like this guy here.

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx274/lucianvanguard/Storm%20Angels%20Space%20Marines/IMAG0424_zpsa6f9bd6a.jpg

But ultimately, I got bored with silver as there isn't a great deal you can do to it.

After having a look at Phil Sibering's website I found a picture of a chapter called the Night Scorpions and they have this colour scheme.

Please forgive the shoddy painting, I did this in about 20 minutes.

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx274/lucianvanguard/Storm%20Angels%20Space%20Marines/IMAG0448_zpsf2b91d69.jpg

My question is this: Should I repaint my Storm Angels and turn them into Night Scorpions?

Which army do you like better? Honestly, that's the one you should go with.

One features white paint, which I hate to paint personally as it always comes out looking to thick or too streaky.  

The night scorpions do have the advantage of you being able to order forge world red scorpions parts for conversions like banners, vehicle doors, etc rather than having to freehand everything.

I hate to say that "which do you prefer" is really the end all be all for this topic, but it really is. So if you want skip to the last line of this post.

when I decided to repaint my blood angels into a DIY successor chapter I wanted to keep the Blood Angels theme but I wanted something darker and grimier and I wanted to be able to apply the paint job to all models(death company, honour guard, sanguinary guard, etc). When toying around with one of the painters here I found that I really liked the mix of red gore, bleached bone and to have black trimmings. It allowed me then to invision my "bone" company(death company models painted all bleached bone instead of chaos black) and I'm working on a more tarnished look for the gold armored peeps in the army. It's a lot of fun although a huge challenge.

In the end, paint the one which you prefer.

I have to agree with the others; choose that color scheme that looks better to you. Another tip though, if you do not mind; you should thin your paints more before applying them on your model. Better two thin coats than one thick coat msn-wink.gif

Archived