A Tale of 18 Hobbyists - WIP project thread

Dosjetka

Hey lads!!!! I know I've been a little quiet, but I've been keeping with each post.

@ geektom: Great looking Squad. 

@ Jaspcat: Doing Papa Nurgle proud :tu:

@ Execubitor: Really liking the poses on that Tactical Squad.

@ NovemberIX: Coming along nicely, kudos on that yellow!!

@ chaplainmikey: :tu: Your Fists are still the stand out army from the Tale for me.

@ Grey Paladin: Very nice read, I'm really looking forward to your models now.

I've not finished my two lousy guys (I've been distracted by the other challenges I'm participating in), providing my boy sleeps properly tonight I should get them done.

Cheers,

Jono

Jaspcat- that sorcerer looks amazing finished can't wait to see them speeders done!

Geektom- as said before them marines are stunning.

Execubiter- that squad is great. Amazing posing.

Greypaladin- loving the fluff can't wait to see the models to go along with them.

Chaplinmikey- still can't get over that blue, your fists are looking great.

I have been a bit inactive recently for this I am sorry I got a promotion at work and well it's taken up all my time. I have got this weekend free and am looking forward to getting the rest of my squad done.

Everything is looking amazing brothers. This tale was such a great idea, cheers Ludovic!

Really liking those Death Guard Jaspcat!

It is great to see all the encouragement amongst the group spurring us all on to get painting. :)

I've finished my models for this month and given my history of failing at these sort of events I'm really pleased with the outcome of November's efforts.

BBL - Anychance I could tweak my army list a bit? I won't be making any major changes.

Anywho, pics of my finished models for November (Still no fluff though) :

gallery_26383_8310_24803.jpg

gallery_26383_8310_43064.jpg

gallery_26383_8310_67566.jpg

gallery_26383_8310_25588.jpg

gallery_26383_8310_45153.jpg

Love the guy with the axe!

Thanks! I was planning on doing the Mass Effect N7 stripe for my Sergeants, but I found I liked the white stripe as it was without the red stripe down the middle and it's a differentiation from the normal colour scheme. I'm planning on doing some additional honour markings on the white part of the helmet as well; he currently looks a little too ordered to be a member of this Chapter haha.

Hi guy's its been long but after moving house we still don't have internet so found it hard to get pics uploaded (found plenty of time to paint though). So here is my command squad wip and finished (with the baised pics to come later)

x0Jo6Kz87VUz8PPkxBinWInBBOiUJbovoAYhurVsQ K

7H E7lYHOJKwOp9O52aoUaKQdBRDRwVgViZpSp52otk

W3Mzcx58z3bAqQvIQ4t9Dr9Ul8WsICumz27BtvFk4FE

94JgpP20KdOvG vwOSLuIxUT xZlfrmbFjaTM2XhuCE

PsHMdARkUzEAOxftPkyk5MM8Gu6jsu5OaKvFTdItVlk

mzSl1d749ROwnywT yXVgxXE8tX4Lq rnuYW1G6m1Ow

I'll try to get the based pics soon with some fluff, I have been thinking about this Regiment for some time now and have quite a bit sorted out already so hopfully it should be quite good.

Im loving all the work you've all done so far, especaly the fluff, so till next time guys.

Ok Ok Ok after yet more distraction from the GF (how can someone get ill with a disease they've just had a jab/shot to prevent? I mean really?) Here is a much better picture of my test model

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag78/chud395/SANY1153_zpsa1aa63b7.jpg

And here is the original WIP for my tactical squad

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag78/chud395/SANY1157_zps3035d9fb.jpg[/url]

Really liking those Death Guard Jaspcat!

It is great to see all the encouragement amongst the group spurring us all on to get painting. :)

I've finished my models for this month and given my history of failing at these sort of events I'm really pleased with the outcome of November's efforts.

BBL - Anychance I could tweak my army list a bit? I won't be making any major changes.

Anywho, pics of my finished models for November (Still no fluff though) :

gallery_26383_8310_24803.jpg

gallery_26383_8310_43064.jpg

gallery_26383_8310_67566.jpg

gallery_26383_8310_25588.jpg

gallery_26383_8310_45153.jpg

Excellent effort, Chaplainmikey! Really quality stuff- you should be proud.

Ok Ok Ok after yet more distraction from the GF (how can someone get ill with a disease they've just had a jab/shot to prevent? I mean really?) Here is a much better picture of my test model

That's supposed to happen, isn't it? So your body can fight the illness and build up immunity. Or am I an idiot? :P 

The test model looks good but I feel the model would maybe benefit from another, brighter colour to add some contrast. :)

Geektom - Thanks a lot mate, nice to hear.

Mike.

Hey everyone!

I am know for being slightly OCD about detailing and not being able to call a unit "done"-- I am hoping this challenge will help me with that, along with keepiong on pace for creating my army.

I ready to call my first unit completed! Final pictures, Storm Brothers, II Brotherhood, IV Strike Team, lead by Fang Brother, Fang Lung Sai

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/SBUpdate11_23_zps8848b478.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/SBUpdate11_232_zpsfd782ac2.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/SBUpdate11_233_zps598aa437.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/SBUpdate11_234_zpsbb606dc4.jpg

Thank you EVERYONE for the encouragement!

The rules say we should not get started until the following month, correct?

Balthamal - In that case maybe she was just unlucky. Either way, hope she recovers soon so we can see some more updates from you! :P :)

Geektom - Those Marines really are outstanding! The colours are so unique and vibrant. Really dig the guy with the cape. :)

Here are pics of my counts-as Kantor and converted Libby (Who is guarding the Chapter's most treasured relics!). I know Kantor doesn't match up to the art 100% but it's the best I could do with the pieces I had. :P

gallery_26383_7868_84332.jpg

gallery_26383_7868_5155.jpg

Hey everyone sorry for the inactivity I have been caught up with the HSC and then schoolies and to be honest don't think I will finish my vow for this month, so you can all shun and shame me! biggrin.png

Next month I plan on making up for this woeful lack of pictures and painting and should be back on track by the end of december, so don't count me out yet!

Chaplainmikey those crimson fists are incredible, wish I could paint as well as that!

Geektom I'm loving the colour scheme and the background for your unit (trust me if I painted a model as well as your models before highlighting I would count it as done and my painting ambitions fulfilled :) )

Also were does everyone get these awesome bases, I have terrible basing skills and would love to get some cool and unique bases for my models

ph34r.png

Ugh... It has been too long since my last post here. Going to correct that now.

Excubitor: That Tactical Squad is looking great! I like the addition of fluff to each member, makes them so much more characterful thumbsup.gif

NovemberIX: I'm liking the look of the progress you're making, well done!

chaplainmikey: As always, you're Crimson Fists are just stunning. Excellent work mate thumbsup.gif And yes, you can tweak your army list a bit, if you wish to do so. And the two characters that you've kitbashed look great, despite Kantor not matching up with the artwork (who cares?)!

Grey Paladin: Oooh! Love the fluff!

Jaspcat: I'm really loving your painted Death Guard, much more interesting than their resion counterparts tongue.png And what a gentleman you are. Great stuff thumbsup.gif

Corsair: Progress is looking good, mate! thumbsup.gif

Colonel Sanguine: Yep, they're looking pretty damn good! And aye, the addition of proper bases will make them look all the better smile.png

Balthamal: He lives! Anyway, test model is looking good, though I think that the armour could do with a couple of highlights, don't you? msn-wink.gif

geektom: Oh heck. Those are beautiful wub.png I hope that you keep up the pace you've managed to keep and that you'll continue churning out more excellent models!

Superstealthyninjafo: Good to see that you're still alive! Hopefully you'll be able to get started next month on your army!

Anyway, keep up the excellent work and hopefully I'll be able to post here a bit more frequently!

Archived