A Tale of 18 Hobbyists - WIP project thread

Dosjetka

That is crazy.

Here, it adds about 50% to the cost.

Yup, it really is.

Let's not start discussing GW's pricing policies, but as an example, I'll use a New Zealand price (GW uses the same pricing 'policy' for us as they do for Australia):

Plastic Predator: NZ$98.00

Forge World Mk IVc Predator (resin/plastic hybrid kit): NZ$79.50 (doesn't have all the options, and does not include shipping, but as long as I don't order more than £200 I also don't have to pay import tax)

Wasn't always the case of course. GW used to be cheaper, and Forge World prices are fairly unchanging, and the British pound used to be a fair bit stronger.

That's enough off-topic from me. Looking forward to Balthamal's veteran squad!

(Yes, I lurk in this thread every so often!)

I can see where you might have to sneak that puppy up on someone, but that Magna-melta really has the power to ruin someone's day. I like the Caestus version because you can zoom around and it's harder for someone to stay away from it.

But this'll work. I guess I just added another inventory item to my backlog of project work.  :)

I know I'm going to hate myself, but I'm already saving to get some FW goodies to start a 30k army. Australia will not be lost to the traitors!

Now just to decide if I'm doing my BA or Salamanders ideas first...

Part of the ship, Part of the Crew,

Part of the ship, Part of the Crew....

What I want to do for my first Salamander unit -

Praetor - Cataphractii Terminator Armour, MC Thunder Hammer, Dragonscale Storm Shield, Mantle of the Elder Drake.

5-man Firedrake squad - thunderhammers, Dragonscale storm shields

Death guard think they're tough? We invented the word!

What I want to do for my first Salamander unit -

Praetor - Cataphractii Terminator Armour, MC Thunder Hammer, Dragonscale Storm Shield, Mantle of the Elder Drake.

5-man Firedrake squad - thunderhammers, Dragonscale storm shields

Death guard think they're tough? We invented the word!

yeah, Salamanders would be cool!

So would pre-Heresy White Scars.

Going to have to use my Joker this month as I've been busy with my 'Nids (Heresy, I know) and painting a test model for a friend's Dark Eldar, which I may be painting for him. I'm also sorting out some voluntary work for myself so I'll have less hobby time. :(

So my apologies for not being very active lately but I do intend to get my Fists' back on-track soon.

WIP on p.2 for January:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/image_zps00457f13.jpg

Answers the question, "will a true white helmet show as white vs. the light gray that everyone thinks in white?"

Um, no.

Looks like I am just going to have to accept that they are their own shade of off-white. So now the question becomes, should I even try to use white for veteran/1st Brotherhood, or just paint them the same light gray as the armor?

WIP on p.2 for January:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/image_zps00457f13.jpg

Answers the question, "will a true white helmet show as white vs. the light gray that everyone thinks in white?"

Um, no.

Looks like I am just going to have to accept that they are their own shade of off-white. So now the question becomes, should I even try to use white for veteran/1st Brotherhood, or just paint them the same light gray as the armor?

Have you considered black helms? Maybe with a white stripe?

It would stand out and serve as an interesting contrast when compared to your normal scheme.

Another potential choice would be a metallic

I'd recommend against the metallics, I tried it on a termi head once, and it just looked funny. I think Black with a white stripe would be pretty awesome though. I do quite like what you've done Geektom.

Bathamal, I didn't mention it before, but those are some gorgeous models, and I can't wait to see 'em with arms.

Jasp, it's almost unfair, no it is unfair, just how damn good your models are time and time again.

Reaper, those guys look tough, like they won't take any lip from anyone, for anything, ever.

Demus, I do hope that means that your budget is now a 30K focused spending plan, and not you're out of the hobby itself.

Over in the Interest Check thread, you can see what else I worked on this month. Starting Feb 1, you"ll be able to follow A Tale of Texas gamers, and watch as the November Warriors continue to grow.

My fellow brothers

I need your help

I need to find an arm that I can use to attach the tartaros terminator shield to my praetor

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zpsb56585de.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zps22e381f0.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zpsdd265133.jpg

This is just something to break up the death guard, heavy flamers are being detailed

And Nov they're not that great :P

Archived