A Tale of 18 Hobbyists - WIP project thread

Dosjetka

Can I join in?

While BBL has officially closed the Tale to new participants (with two extra places no less) I don't see any issue with you unofficially participating. By that I mean you can't post your pictures in this thread, but you could start your own thread and follow along with the rules and challenges within this thread.

Cheers,

Jono

Hi guys, I've been working through my Company Command Squad. I've finished the Officer and Vox-caster and well on the way to finishing the others. I have just bought my Commissar (the one with power fist and sword) so as soon as I get him I'll start painting.

20131105 225304

20131103 181116

I would have more pics to show wip but the images where to big to upload. I'll tak some more tomorrow and try to get them up, you'll all have to wait till then ;p

Chaplain - most stunning shade of blue I have ever seen. How in the world do you paint so fast so well?

Colonol Sanguine - looking great so far. Can't wait to see that Commisar, stunning model.

Demus Ragnok - the pose on that guy screams british football hooligan lol. Love it!

Jaspcat - that model was great before you slapped loads of greenstuff on it. Now it looks awesome. Are you planing on customising the whole army or is the HQ just a one off?

Geektom - let us know when you start your thread. I look forward to seeing your models.

This thread is looking great already! Can't wait for more!

Jasp, that guy makes me think "Rocket skull Paaaawnch!!!!" it looks awesome.

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag67/NovemberIX/th_FF07D267-8D41-4621-9FDC-222569FA855C-24499-00003FF02E54E83D_zpsec5acc19.jpg

The nice thing about being the "sub-boss" is when I have a bit of time I can work on models. Here they are primed up and awaiting the first coats of yellow.

Chaplain - most stunning shade of blue I have ever seen. How in the world do you paint so fast so well?

Unemployment has its benefits( no pun intended) . :P

Brother every unit in this army will be custom and unique no out of the box stuff here  

I lovr when people do conversions for each and every model in their army so I'm expecting great things! :P 

Mike.

Unemployment has its benefits( no pun intended)

This made me giggle.

Brother every unit in this army will be custom and unique no out of the box stuff here ;)

This makes me think your mad. But I can't wait to see how it goes!

This makes me think your mad. But I can't wait to see how it goes!

I agree, but apparently madness is a pre-requisite for building a truly unique army. tongue.png

Made some progress with the Sternguard so I'll get some pics up soon as I can. Really want to skip College tomorrow to finish them (and my Fulgrim)! tongue.png

Mike.

@Jaspcat that model is looking pure devious awesome. loving your GS skills can't wait to see the finished product.

@colonel Sanguine those guard are looking fierce and really give a visually pleasing aspect to the model, as well as immediately tying them to the sons of sanguinious (spelling?) can't wait to see more. i do have to ask though are you going to wash or highlight the flesh?

@chaplainmikey well no pressure eh? seriously they are nice CFs and one of the reasons i stripped my marine army just so i can have an army of them. you have a true talent there that would make Dorn and Polux proud. i look forward to this tale developing and seeing how our armies grow and develop alongside each other. that said, i look forward to seeing all armies developing as the Tale continues.

i apologise though peeps t a lack of updates so far. i've been busy stripping and training for my chef NVQ since i finished my holiday week but i should have something up in the next couple of days. loving the updates so far, loving being part of this (definitely motivates me to get my censored.gif together painting wise). kudos to BBL, you know how to get our juices flowing, and this is only the first month!

Well, count me as "unofficially" participating by following the thread and keeping pace!

Cool, although not restricted to a list and points, which army will you be doing?

I'll keep an eye out for your thread.

Cheers,

Jono

I am creating a White Scars successor chapter, the Storm Brothers. You can follow my WIP thread here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/281932-new-army-blog-storm-brothers/

I will continue to post my updates there, as I assume this thread is just for people in the challenge. Thanks for your interest-- it really makes a difference!

Archived