looking for inspiration for RW DV conversions

JJD

I have a 2nd set of DV DA's. I was going to use the left over bits from my DWK on my DW and have found lots of inspiration on the net. I would like to use my 3 RW with my original 3 to make a squad of 6. When you search for RW conversions you just get lots of libbys and techs on bikes. I am looking for more subtle changes just to stop it looking like a squad of twins. I have the RW upgrade frame. Can anyone point me in the direction of a few ideas.

I cut the Sgts chainsword off at the wrist and turned it so it was facing forward.

I know this might not be a huge change, but it does add differences. Barring that you could always cut the head off him and replace it with a helm'd head, or use greenstuff to give him a hood, or hair.

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z389/typher/Misc%2040k/examp_zps708289a4.jpg

Kinda like this

Those look really nice Master Avoghai. It's just occurred to me that every time I build a Black Knight with a grenade launcher I have a spare fairing with plasma talons that I could use the same way.

Thanks

Actually I've done that because when I bought the DV box I already had bikes and noticed that the front from the RW upgrade sprue didn't match with the one of the DV bikes... Same thing for the winged pole. The squadron's ones are right whereas the DVD ones are oblique.

On the other side, the design was closer from the BK one so, since I didn't have BK yet but already owned 3 full squadrons of RW bikes, I've chosen to convert them...

And they failed to disappoint yet ;)

I replaced the sarge's chain sword with a sword from the RW upgrade sprue.  Cut it off at the shoulder and just mounted the new arm and pad.  Did the same with the plasma gunner and gave him a bolt pistol, and am looking for a melta to glue to the rear fender.  I have pix but they dont show well...

As long as you switch out arms, bodies and heads with those on the RW upgrade sprue, you'll have good variety with very little work.

If you also change the facing angle a bit on the models (relative to the alternative bodies and heads), you'll blend them in effortlessly. What I mean by this that if you have two bikes leaning left, then mounting one turned left and one turned right on their bases can really make them look different - but the riders need to "make sense" for the bike pose too (so swooping in or away on the same bike angle depending on whether they are looking left or right).

Archived