Malakim Phoros

If we use him can we just put him in a regular ba army or do we need our army to represent the lamenters? Cause he pretty badarse

Lamenters use Codex: BA, so yes he's fair game (assuming your opponents don't baulk at FW).

If we use him can we just put him in a regular ba army or do we need our army to represent the lamenters? Cause he pretty badarse

Lamenters use Codex: BA, so yes he's fair game (assuming your opponents don't baulk at FW).

Cool going to make an conversion of him using Gabriel Seth's model. 

What is going on with his Glaive Encarmine? Strength User/AP3 as one would ecpect (his is a sword I think from memory?), but +1S on the turn he charges.

Is this a possible clue to the future codex? If so then an Axe may be +2S on charge, +3S when furious charging devil.gif

@ Sama - I don't know mate, possible typo? I would have thought he would have tbh

he's never had a model, or much of a physical description, so I don't know where you get the sword idea

In my head, it's always been a glaive. A real glaive - somewhere between a sword and a spear. And that's exactly what this (ap3 for sword, extra strength on the charge for spear) glaive seems to be doing.

Still not entirely impressed by him.  I like his 12" infernus pistol and glaive, thats about it.  Rage is good and all, but he has to take a wound, and he has to be part of a squad for them to gain rage as well (which makes perfect sense).

But if I wanted a character to give me a round of re-roll hits in combat, and rage, then why wouldn't I just take some death company and a chaplain to the same extent?  Because that is essentially what you are doing by putting him in a squad, granted he takes a wound.

It's great for all those Lamenter players out there that want to field a fluffy character that is part of their own chapter, but as for fielding him  in a BA army, I think we have better options.

he's never had a model, or much of a physical description, so I don't know where you get the sword idea

In my head, it's always been a glaive. A real glaive - somewhere between a sword and a spear. And that's exactly what this (ap3 for sword, extra strength on the charge for spear) glaive seems to be doing.

I haven't read his fluff from the IA, just having seen a few conversions of him invariably with a sword.  As for a real glaive - I thought none of the Glaive Encarmines were 'real' as in the FAQ they just quote axes and swords, so I just go by that although the spears would be nice when run with Dante. However, that is an argument that has been done to death elsewhere. If Phoros' was exactly as a power spear it would drop to AP4 on subsequent rounds of combat?

I haven't read his fluff from the IA, just having seen a few conversions of him invariably with a sword.  As for a real glaive - I thought none of the Glaive Encarmines were 'real' as in the FAQ they just quote axes and swords, so I just go by that although the spears would be nice when run with Dante. However, that is an argument that has been done to death elsewhere. If Phoros' was exactly as a power spear it would drop to AP4 on subsequent rounds of combat?

That's why I'm saying it's not a spear - it remains ap3. And as such it's not like the glaive encarmines we know from the standard BA codex, but a unique weapon.

Archived