the 80´s are back : Squats

Darth Mustard

Hi B&C,

I hope it´s the right forum for that.

I have too many projects in mind and not enough time for them.

The one from the last hours is bringing back the squats as some other hobbyists have.

Made a research on the internet, good old Jervis say that they´ll never come back because GW does not know how to portray them and believe that a bunch of drunk bickers was not paying tribute to the noble race of dwarf (some others say that one of the game developer left with the IP on squats) but they should be played as Imperial guards.

so I went to my local GW store in Shanghai, pick a box of thunderers and another one of imperial guards and one of SM.

One of the sales guys asked me if I was planning on starting 3 armies at the same time. When I said I was actually planning on combining the 3, he said : "what like sm dwarfs with lasgun?" I said : "yeap they were called squats !".

Boy, did I feel old!

So I´m running a few tests. And I need your advises and inputs.

I´m starting with a 80´s style.

For me, squats, before their world was destroyed by a tyrannide invasion, are engineers, builders, they should be high tech, technopriest like

What do you guys think ?

I turned the chain-mail into a flack jacket.

Changed the helmet.

I wondering if I should add some visors or antennas, goggles, night vision

They´ll carry some grenades or stuff.

Some of the old squats were with runic helmets, others with baseball cap

I´m thinking cyber prosthetics

as you can see I have add and my mind is going into many directions.

So any help would be appreciate

if it is not a post for the b&c, please delete that post.

gallery_24413_9003_333035.jpg

I'm not sure if they're allowed, but I love that model! I look forward to seeing more from you thumbsup.gif

EDIT: The addition of goggles and antenna would look good, I think. However, runic helmets and baseball caps wouldn't really fit the models. Bionic limbs and maybe even backpacks with extra mechanical arms, etc. would be rad :)

Archived