Anyone plan to use pandorax?

Polythemus

Anyone out there plan to use the pandorax supplement. Its always been a goal of mine to get a campaign going with some awesome apoc rules, and the warzone armageddon rules seemed pretty neat. The pandorax battles seem to give us something that is a tangible da campaign. Any takers out there, or is apocalypse not really your cup of tea?

I love the idea of APOC...but my two episodes of participation in an actual APOC battle have been...disappointing.  On average, 2.5 turns completed.  Setting up was extremely slow and painful, and should have been done beforehand, not via a committee of whoever shows up to play.  I look forward to what sounds like a more deliberate "production" of APOC in...Kansas?  Yeah.  Kansas.  It sounds like Pbenner and them do it right.  So...no, I'll read the novel, but I don't forsee getting much use out of the APOC resource.

The Dark Angels  formations are ok.  Thunderhead Squadron can be useful and doesn't require too many more models than what would be useful in regular 40k.  The Talon of Vengeace is a lot less useful unless you have four(!) Dark Talons, and if you take the minimum models it actually benefits your opponent?

Intractable is an ok Strategic Asset if you use it in combination with other assets.  Azrael's Finest Hour can be ok if your side has a lot of infantry, but otherwise is kind of useless in Apoc.

I do appreciate the battle happening on several tables representing the mountains bastion colonies... 

Can be easyly done in the club I've just joined.

On the opposite, though really inspiring and teasing, the battle for the Revenge seems really difficult to organize...

The Dark Angels  formations are ok.  Thunderhead Squadron can be useful and doesn't require too many more models than what would be useful in regular 40k.  The Talon of Vengeace is a lot less useful unless you have four(!) Dark Talons, and if you take the minimum models it actually benefits your opponent?

Intractable is an ok Strategic Asset if you use it in combination with other assets.  Azrael's Finest Hour can be ok if your side has a lot of infantry, but otherwise is kind of useless in Apoc.

That's the same problem for Some chaos formations.... The champion of Abbadon is useless, and I hardly imagine a chaos player able to field 3 skull lords

I think you really need two dark angel players with a substantial collection to make these types of apoc games work. Personally i cant think of anyone with more n two shroud speeders. And multiple da flyers is equally unlikely to happen due to points. That being said apoc games that are well run seem like they could be possible but tough to acheive, the place that seems most likely to not live up to hype is all models being painted to a table top standard, which would be a bummer.

Archived