My First Army. The WIP of a 1500 point Sisters Army.

Maeve Trinity

I figured I would make one topic to encompass my creation of my very first army.... and along with it the current "Wishlist" of what it will contain.

This list was recommended to me by Fibonacci

It will probably change depending on advice or from the more I learn smile.png

I will bold those I have so far. In the end I imagine this thread will take forever to complete, but I will be posting my WIPS all the way through.

If you guys see any errors in the sisters I have so far (bolded) that arent actually what is on the list... please let me know. I am terribly new to this, and am learning on my own, save the help from you all smile.png

HQ:

Saint Celestine

Canoness with inferno pistol

Troops:

3 X Battle Sister Squads:

- 3 Bolter sisters, Heavy flamer sister, flamer sister, bolter sister superior. Rhino/Immolator transport.

Fast Attack:

2 X Dominion Squads:

- 4 meltagun sisters, bolter sister superior. Immoator transport

Seraphim Squad:

- 6 twin pistol seraphim, 2 twin hand flamer seraphim, Seraphim superior with powersword and plasma pistol

Heavy Support

2 X Exorcists

Extras you will probably want:

5 to 9 more bolter sisters (to play with two larger troop squads instead of 3 small)

2 sisters with Simulacrum Imperalis

2 or 3 priests

Aegis Defense Line

---------------------

My first mini was a Sister Superior with Bolter, which is also the first I finished....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/Jammy_Dodger/IMG_4882.jpg

I personaly haven't played SoB but ive vursed them and I recommend flamers adnmeltas especially meltas.

us power armoured marines cant stand them.

msn-wink.gif

ambitious list I hope you finish it.

Thanks... I know its ambitious.... but luckly Ive got friends who has offered to let me use his Space Marines whenever I go out to the shop if i want to play.... for now I've just been watching. :)

well consider any queries on painting to me :)

im not the best but it seems im good at battle damage.

hopefully you look at putting in some of those brutal sister repentia last time they overrun my cultists and made me feel like a damn fool

well consider any queries on painting to me smile.png

im not the best but it seems im good at battle damage.

hopefully you look at putting in some of those brutal sister repentia last time they overrun my cultists and made me feel like a damn fool

Thank you.... I will definitely do so!! Gonna go dig around your threads for insight now :)

K.  The Primer lays down the black, which is always handy.  After that, mix 50:50 Black and Codex Gray (or whatever the hell they call it now).  Use this for a fairly broad highlight along the edges.  You can be a bit sloppy, but you will be dealing with that later, so don't go totally nuts.  After that first highlight, take pure Codex Gray and do thinner, sharp highlights along the edges.  After that, take out pure black, and 'push' the first sloppy highlight towards the edges, until you're left with a very thin dark gray leading into a very thin solid gray.

You can see the results in the Templar blog linked in my signature.  Simple, and effective.

Some problems to look out for-

It is very hard to see the first highlight when you're painting it on.  It is almost just as dark as the black.  Good lighting is a must.

Keep your paint thin, especially the second highlight.  If the paint is too thick, you'll be left with a very bright, strong contrast, which isn't the subtle fading you're hoping for.

Archived