land raider ares

Pyro X

So I'm working on painting one for a vow but I was looking and I can't find the rules on it. Does anyone know where the rules are for it, and the other land raiders as well. I may have to do much for my deathwing

Who remembers the days when the GW website was actually helpful for hobbyists!?!

Cheeky msn-wink.gif

GW's official stance (if it can be called that) is that the web has such a treasure trove of websites to take inspiration from that they dont have to do it anymore... Translation: It's our job now....

Who remembers the days when the GW website was actually helpful for hobbyists!?!

Cheeky msn-wink.gif

GW's official stance (if it can be called that) is that the web has such a treasure trove of websites to take inspiration from that they dont have to do it anymore... Translation: It's our job now....

Such a cop out on their behalf.....

That's the same reason they gave for dropping hobby content (especially players' armies pix) from WD years ago. Pity, although it is the reason that I haven't bought WD in about 8 years.

Strangely though, they continue to sell the "how to paint..." series, despite the fact that you can easily get painting advice and guides for everything online - for free! sweat.gif

I was just looking at the loadout for the Ares. According to the rules. If you shoot a ordinance shot all other weapons only make snapshots.

"Unlike other units, vehicles can move and fire with Ordnance: weapons. However, a vehicle that fires an Ordnance weapon can only make Snap Shots with its other weapons that turn." BRB Pg 71

Because the assault cannon is twin linked this isn't as much of a big deal, but it is for the flamers.

"Some weapon types, such as Template and Ordnance or those that have certain special rules, such as Blast, cannot be fired as Snap Shots."  BRB Pg 13

Of course you can always power of the machine spirit one of them, but both can never shoot as long as the cannon is firing. I wonder why they did that. I would think that TWL-mult-meltas would be more useful on it.

Archived