Minotaurs WIP Pictures

Hello brothers!!!

After my Pre-Heresy dark angels project fell through a good friend of mine at Studioskull and I decided to start a project to realistically recreate the Minotaurs as depicted in the Badab War. He has been extremely flexible and patient and offered to do these out of kindness and a modest commission price after I lost my Dark Angels army. I can't recommend enough how awesome his skills are and how professional he has been. So without further fanfare here are the pictures of the WIP so far. I was luckily able to sell off my Black Templars and will be selling my Blood Angels to fund this project and a recent bump in funds from my veterans benefits. Check here for more updates as the project nears completion! All of the photos you see are very WIP. He only does a few commissions a year so if you are interested PM me for details. Enjoy!

med_gallery_68844_9014_111050.jpg

med_gallery_68844_9014_23873.jpg

med_gallery_68844_9014_108062.jpg

med_gallery_68844_9014_93497.jpg

med_gallery_68844_9014_93826.jpg

med_gallery_68844_9014_14896.jpg

med_gallery_68844_9014_26354.jpg

med_gallery_68844_9014_67730.jpg

med_gallery_68844_9014_57774.jpg

med_gallery_68844_9014_13664.jpg

med_gallery_68844_9014_122425.jpg

med_gallery_68844_9014_101652.jpg

med_gallery_68844_9014_83454.jpg

med_gallery_68844_9014_13278.jpg

med_gallery_68844_9014_1321.jpg

med_gallery_68844_9014_139087.jpg

med_gallery_68844_9014_92171.jpg

I've really been coming to love the Minotaurs, and projects like this are why. If I had the spare time and money for another SM army, I'm pretty sure Minotaurs would be my choice.

I love the OSL on the headlights. The bases are bad ass, too. I think you may have made a mistake on the boss's base, though. Stomping on the Mantis Warrior is sublime, but having the shattered door underneath in the same color hurts the effect, I think.

Why do the chevrons on top of the tanks fade off towards the edges?

I labeled the pictures haphazardly to get them up quickly. The chevrons are actually how Forge World did them on their Achilles and we adapted that throughout. What is absent from these pictures are a landraider crusader, Fellblade, Command Squad, Veterans Sergeants, and some Deimos pattern predators! Pictures of those soon!

Good stuff!

The cloaks on the Terminators: Anvil Industry, yes?

Yes indeed those are the Anvil Industry cloaks and helmets on the tactical marines. The Sternguard will have the crested helmets in the same line of bits. The cloaks are really top notch and really make the terminators stand out as veterans. There are also the groin guards are from Kromlech and one of the terminator sergeants has the lower half of the dark vengeance sergeants tabard to make him even more special! Decals and brass etch have not been put on yet or weathering on the rank and file. The drop pods only just arrived and will be painted up as well.

Future additions to this army will be two jump packless assault squads, a second land raider crusader and a Dual Kheres Assault cannon contemptor.

I'm so glad that this army is inspiring others to either start badab war force it get into the hobby again! This army has been a combined effort with the painter and myself, lots of care had been taken to be true to the feel of the chapter and the fallen Mantis Warriors. Gore will be added to the corpses and lots of small details.

I'm debating on funding a diorama/display board with these models. If anyone has suggestions don't hesitate to respond!

Most excellent work Crusader Weber! Badab War is an excellent sourse of inspiration and the Minotaurs are difinately one of the most interesting and explored Chapters (appearing in IA12 as well).

The work you've put in them is really great - especially the bronze, the power weapons effect and the OSL- do you plan to shade/highlight the red areas or are you happy as is?

Fantastic project - death to the Mantis! :D

Hey everyone! Thanks for all of the constructive criticism and encouragement! Stavros is the painter behind the project and I've been the financier and we have brainstormed this together. Stav and I thought about doing this a few months back.

As for the shoulder pads, they have not had the minotaurs transfers our chevrons applied. This is the same for the marines. These are just the photos I have so far and there will be many more from the bench soon!

The land raider crusader we plan to paint as Ivanus Enkomi's personal ride and his honor guard with be black armor and bronze to make them stand out.

Hey all here is another update! The librarian is supposed to be similar to Poseidon so we gave him a trident from the High Elf skycutter (heresy I know). Also you will see here the veterans sergeants, the Sternguard, and the command squad. There are a few spare sergeants with different options as well. These are just the base colors but enjoy!

med_gallery_68844_9014_587.jpgmed_gallery_68844_9014_69462.jpggallery_68844_9014_121016.jpgmed_gallery_68844_9014_92281.jpgmed_gallery_68844_9014_100141.jpgmed_gallery_68844_9014_55511.jpg

Archived