Minotaurs WIP Pictures

I can forgive your alleged "heresy" simply for the fact that your librarian has a serrated blade trident. The minotaurs aren't exactly known for being warm and cuddly, and that force weapon is just plain spiteful.

Glad you like the force-trident, when I saw the kit I knew that it had to be a part of this army some how. We are going to try to get all of the pantheon in the army some how. Warpforged Miniatures is making us a Kratos/Ares God of War mini that should be truly epic. Zeus will likely be a terminator librarian with a force staff similar to a lighting bolt, Hades will be a chaplain and some of the others will make appearances. Right now we have Kronos being the fellblade. Hephaestus will likely be a techmarine with a thunderfire cannon. teehee.gif

I'm leaning towards a deathshroud terminator for the chaplain, should be very striking. Idk what should be used for the iconic Hades weapon but the crozius will likely be from the reclusiam chaplain

Well, from a mythology standpoint Hades is traditionally depicted as having a sceptre- which a crozius covers (and looks appropriate to boot).  Interestingly enough, Hades was also associated, albeit tangentially with the spreading and giving of wealth.  Why not an elaborate, belt fed primarch's wrath/archaic boltgun and have him "spread" some brass around?

Hello everyone! Here is an update to the Minotaurs project! Almost all of the basic colors have been added, no weathering, decals, washes etc have been applied yet. However the power weapons and force weapons just got some work done. The force trident is seriously crazy and was done my Promitheas Spyridis who has won a few golden daemons. Enjoy the update!

gallery_68844_9014_123819.jpg

gallery_68844_9014_36350.jpg

gallery_68844_9014_43865.jpg

gallery_68844_9014_25639.jpg

gallery_68844_9014_38207.jpg

Hi all! It's so nice to see all you Minotaur connoisseurs commenting on this thread! When my good friend Crusader_Weber contacted me with his idea I was intrigued to say the least. Painting realistic bronze is a challenge but I developed my own technique that uses 3 different layers of airbrushing before applying the bronze. This has the bonus of the miniature changing tones depending on the angle natural light hits it and it gives a warm tone to the metallic surfaces. On larger surfaces such as vehicles you can literaly see bronze changing as you turn it around in your hands!  I couldn't be happier with the results so far and expect a lot more proper photos in the next few weeks as I'm putting the finishing touches on the army.

Patrick (Crusader_Weber) has been an amazing source of excellent ideas while building this army together and has inspired me to take Minotaur painting and converting to another level.

A few other people involved in this project that I need to thank are Sotiris ( Haakon Ironheart), a good friend and the initial inspiration behind this project, whose knowledge of the Minotaur fluff is so deep I'm humbled.

And of course my good friends Prometheus and Arion  from X2 Painting Studio whose valuable advice on advanced painting techniques has taught me a lot over the years! 

Stav from StudioSkull

Here are some more WIP pictures from Stav AKA Blood Claw! He spent a good chunk of time making sure the book was weathered as any well read tome should be! Also pay attention to the eyes and some of the faces. As always very much still in the WIP stages but Scurvy Stavvy is doing a magnificent job!

gallery_68844_9014_15719.jpg

gallery_68844_9014_42621.jpg

gallery_68844_9014_49234.jpg

gallery_68844_9014_81895.jpg

Well I can't claim the painting as my own, that honor goes to my god friend Stavros aka Blood Claw Háfloi :) I'm more of the idea man! The Asterion he painted won a gold in the Geek national competition for single model and he is incredible. I'll post pictures of him soon. I'm lucky to have such a great friend in Greece! As you know Captain Semper there are other projects on our plates that are taking much of my time ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Was it your Contemptor that the Forge World FB page put as mini of the day? Looks like it.

Quality and quantity. Not envious at all...much thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the kind words man. Yes, Hecaton Aiakos was Forgeworld's model of the day . The whole army took 2 months to be assembled and painted from the moment I got everything to the moment they were photographed.

Archived