Finally started on a proper model (WIP)

march10k

LOL...Tires! I knew I was forgetting something! Actually, I heard that orange paint on the engine block makes you so fast you don't even need tires... [TA]

Typher, on 07 Nov 2013 - 15:02, said: Looks like he parked in a bad neighborhood.

Lol..yeah, they stole most of his bike, and 3/4 of his body!  Funny you should mention the bad neighborhood...I wonder...how do you put spinners, limo tint, and neon lights on a bike?  For a sound system, I guess a shoulder mounted ghetto blaster?  Hell, that even sounds like a weapon!

For a sound system, I guess a shoulder mounted ghetto blaster? Hell, that even sounds like a weapon!

I can see a Chaplain on a bike like that... Probably playing "Die Walküre" in High Gothic at full volume too! cool.png

As for the painting, it looks very neat and tidy - except for the robe, which stands out (to me) as being quite messy by comparison. I realise that it's drybrushed, but when everything else is clean and smooth, it does contrast a bit.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the WIPs, and am looking forward to seeing the finished article. biggrin.png

Actually, the exhaust pipes are a bit rough, too, pipes are a pain to keep soot-free...The funny thing is, the robes took more work (6 steps, not counting primer) than anything else to get them the way they are.  Everything else is either bare metal or it's painted...the robes are supposed to be cloth, they should have a less pristine look to them, as befits hemp, versus sheet metal.  I think they'll stand out less once the upper torso (with the rest of the robe, and the bare face) is attached and the distressed leather bags are mounted on the back of the bike.  Anyway, it's getting late here, more pics tomorrow!

gallery_13203_846_365158.jpg

Well, this is going much faster than I anticipated...He still needs a shoulder pad and the guns have nothing but primer on them, but we're getting there! I still need to choose some baggage for the back of the bike, too...and decide whether or not to give him a banner. Those do look better on bikes than on infantry...

No, I'm in Tokyo, soon to be in the KC area.  I'm in the Army, I worked at Fort McCoy for a little under two years a while back.  70 minutes is...rough.  I would suggest a store across the street from the UW campus in Eau Claire, but the one time I went there, the stench of BO from unwashed freshmen was overpowering even in the parking lot...inside the store, it was unbearable.  The clerk was nice, though, and it had plenty of space.

Finished, with the caveat that I don't have my basing supplies with me in Japan, so that won't happen till January:

gallery_13203_846_165823.jpg

gallery_13203_846_294481.jpg

That just leaves me with two sergeants (because of power sword requirement), three knights, and a crusader to finish by Adepticon...and, if I finish that, I have two tactical terminator squads from 1998 that could be replaced with something painted less than 15 years ago (ergo, to a higher standard!)

/edit/ Ah, crap...I just noticed that the bolters aren't highlighted!

Peer Review Failure!!!!

LOL...okay, it's my fault, but you didn't notice, either!

gallery_13203_846_1033784.jpg

Something was missing:

gallery_13203_846_822676.jpg

Notice that the bolters got their highlights? LOL

/edit/ Oh, year...the bike IC in my avatar came off of his base...so I confiscated it for the libby...the chappy gets to wait for a new one until I get back to the good ole US of A.

Archived