Inquisition and the Unforgiven

Tiger9gamer

So i'm confused to what the standing with the inquisition and the Dark angel successors are. Would, say, a company help out an inquisitor if he was being attacked, or pretend not to listen? What if it was a Ordo Xenos guy? Would the Angels of Absolution act the same way as the others would because they are "forgiven"?

The DA will support the Inquisition like any other Chapter.

However, due to the nature of the Unforgiven Legion and the Hunt we are not above refusing, abandoning the Inquisitor and killing the Inquisitor if necessary. I would also not be surprised for Azrael to have a number of Inquisitors in his pay/service working for one of the Dark Angel's networks...

Naturally, the DA would respond to any request for assistance from an inquisitor.  Not to do so would invite too many questions.  Besides, They have eight whole companies of marines who, aside from the masters, chaplains, and maybe a sergeant or three, know NOTHING about the fall.  How dangerous can it be to send a squad of marines (easily worth more than an entire regiment of IG in the fluff, but not the tabletop wargame)?  They can't reveal what they themselves do not know...

Now, if there is a member of the fallen involved, naturally the DA make it their business to find out before the Inquisition does...and in those cases, they act before the inquisition ever gets a whiff of the traitor's scent.  I suppose maybe once or twice there might have been parallel operations where a unit of uninitiated DA led by a member of the inner circle participate in an inquisition while passing the inquisitor's progress on to the chapter.  In those cases, because of the involvement of the ]I[, a strike cruiser load of deathwing are standing by to ensure that any member of the fallen is captured before the inquisitor arrives on the scene.  If things get messy, they can always claim to have been passing through when contacted by the inquisitor's DA contingent and  saw an opportunity to "help," (and claim that the prize escaped and they only slaughtered his rear guard) or they could substitute the body of another traitor marine or even some suitable mere human (a witch?  a corrupt planetary governor?) as the slain mastermind of whatever plot the inquisitor was investigating.

But the worst thing to do when the inquisition asks for muscle is to refuse.  Much better to comply.  It not only keeps them from wondering why you don't help, and it lets you in on their investigation.

I also have to agree with Bohemond on this. For one thing in our codex it states for the Disciples of Caliban that some believed the DA Grand Master to have some leverage on one or two of the High Lords of Terra. I would fully expect this to mean he's got some of them blackmailed or just plain working for him. We put the Inquistive in Inquistor when it comes to marines.

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/ordos-chronos-its-history-and-creation.html

This link was posted in the Codex: Inquisition rumour thread. In the comments of that blog somebody brings up the interesting question of how the Ordo Chronos (responsible for dealing with the consequences of time distortion) would assist/clash with the Unforgiven.

Hmm if true theb that could be a very interesting =][= development.

I'm looking fowards to the new Inquisition greatly to see what it might add to the Unforgiven.

Cheers

I

So the ordo chronos is out to murder the fallen, the ordo redactor is suppressing knowledge of their existence?  Sound like Tools of the Lion to me!  OTOH, OH remains problematic...

I'd have to chime in now that according to either Dark Heresy: Ascension (2010) or Black Crusade Core Rulebook (2011), the Ordo Chronus is no longer an issue since they've completely disappeared after one thing or another, or they've gone into hiding. Their fate remains a mystery so far.

So the ordo chronos is out to murder the fallen, the ordo redactor is suppressing knowledge of their existence?  Sound like Tools of the Lion to me!  OTOH, OH remains problematic...

I'd have to chime in now that according to either Dark Heresy: Ascension (2010) or Black Crusade Core Rulebook (2011), the Ordo Chronus is no longer an issue since they've completely disappeared after one thing or another, or they've gone into hiding. Their fate remains a mystery so far.

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! 

According to Lexicanum (which cites the Fantasy Flight Games RPG as a source) the Dark Angels have been known to supply members to the Deathwatch, which implies that they (and by extension, the unforgiven) do deal with the Inquisition from time to time.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, individual inquisitors can have radically different agendas and viewpoints, so from a fluff perspective you can write them into co-operating with basically any one, from the various arms of the Imperial Military through to Xenos and even Chaos worshippers.

I have an Angel of Absolution in my Deathwatch Kill Team that I field as Sternguard.

Archived