Land Raider Proteus - Can I Use My Original?

Midnightmare

Basically as above; I have an original Landraider Model from my yoof - could I use it in game using the Land Raider Proteus rules from Forgeworld? Anybody know how is it sized compared to FW's shiney new one? I think with some conversion work and an updated paint job I could make mine look pretty good.

So B&C - yay or nay?

FW rules here if you aren't familiar:-

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/p/proteus.pdf

well, the proteus is clearly fw's "remake" of the original model. like they have done with the deimos pattern rhino and predator. so i see no problem in using the original model of ages bygone as one. it seems more apropriate than using it as a modern day land raider.

as for the size, i would guess the original model is considerably smaller than the forge world one.

Those were my thoughts, and it would be a shame to see it go to waste. Needs a bit of a tidy up though!

As for size, they are supposed to be smaller and more agile than the newer LR, but hopefully it is not crazy too smaller than the FW version (I suppose plenty of people use the old Rhino chassis still as an example; I guess it stands to reason that even though there are new models they are still 'officially' Rhinos!)

No need to be sorry! We take non RAW questions here, it just means that the answer is always going to be a bit murkier, and often ends up being 'how laid back/communicative are your regular opponents?' is all.

People are more than welcome to chime in, but its going to be more of an opinion poll.

In my group, proxying is pretty much open season as long as it has roughly the same dimensions and you aren't trying to have one type of model count as more than one other type of model, like say you had two identical storm eagles and you were saying one was actually a fire raptor.  That would be frowned on. 

Hell I have a land raider that I kitbashed bits for and magnetized the hell out of that I could field as any type of land raider we have rules for currently.  That includes the proteus. 

There might be some people who are of the unpleasant variety that would give you flak for fielding it as a proteus, but in my experience, I have never met a player who would mind.

Archived