Sentinels of Terra and Relics

AceofCase

After reading through the Sentinels of Terra a few times, I've come to find something I don't quite get.

For the rules for the company relics, it says any character from the SoT detachment that can select chapter relics, must instead take them from the relics listed in the supplement.  Now, that brings me to the relic banner from the main codex. It's either taken by honor guard, or company command squad veteran. Based on my understanding of the rules, neither of these models would be characters. Would that mean that I can still take the relic banner from the main codex when using the Sentinels supplement?

Honour Guard and Command Squad: Veteren aren't Characters.  But, there's a Banner in the Supplement, which can only be taken by models that could take a Company Standard.

The rules are badly written, as 'each can only be taken by a specific type of character'.

Which the units that could take a Company Standard *aren't* Characters.  So it would seem the Banner of Staganda is impossible to take.

Also the Eye (which by fluff should be for Techmarines) doesn't list which type of Character can take it.  So no-one can.

RAW - Badly written.

RAI - no, you can't take the Codex banner.

Archived