Q1:"Feel no pain"........ q2:"within x inches"

Roma

Hi all, 2 questions.

What ignores fnp? Would a weapon that is twice the strenght of a dude's toughness count as being instant death, and thus ignore fnp?

For things like icons, it says within 6 inches. I remember in the old brb, for disembarking, the diagram showed marines with the very edge of their base touching a 2 inch bubble, and the rest of the base outside. Does this mean withing is "touching with any part of the base, or within"?

Anything that causes Instant Death disallows Feel no Pain.  This includes the Force and Instant Death special rules and all attacks with a strength double the toughness of the target.

Within X" means 'so long as any part of the models base is within X" ' for most purposes.

- There is an exception, and that is when it states that a models base must wholly be within a certain distance (for example, disembarking in 6th edition).

GM - I've always thought of those as:

'A unit with at least one model within X" of a model with Y...'

As that is a less vague wording (and one I wish GW would use more often, as it would simplify a lot of the "within X" rules, thus making gameplay faster).

Archived