Da New Guy

So yeah, an introduction.

I'm not very good at those.  I'm not very good at a lot of things.

I'm a big fan of the 40k setting, in actual practice I don't actually have much to do with 40k the game.  A combination lack of motivation, funds, and willingness to mutilate myself in the name of making an army.  XACTO knives are scary, they're like scalpels that've never been washed in their entire lives.

If I did play, these are the five armies I'd have:

1: THE IRON DRAGONS:  A Slavic themed Loyalist chapter.

2: THE DEATH LEOPARDS:  A Slanneshi CSM chapter themed around 80s Hair Metal, any and all Noise Marines I'd build would have custom Sonic Blaster parts that looked like electric guitars, like nature intended.

3: DA BLOODY SKULL KLAN:  A kustom Ork klan/horde I came up with one day.  The Bloody Skull strain was formed when an Ork warband made predominately of Blood Axes and Deathskulls became stranded on a single planet long enough for hybridization to occur.  They are considered by all the other Ork Klans to be the sneakiest, most untrustworthy bunch of betraying, backstabbing gits in the galaxy, a point of pride for them and something they strive to maintain.  Ork boyz of this klan tend to become Lootaz or Kommandoz, with a large number of the Oddboyz produced by the klan turning out to be Mekz, with Wierdboyz being something of a rarity in the klan.  Their one dark secret, their hidden shame they couldn't bear the other Ork klans knowing about, is that they're inordiantely fond of their Grots.  With such admiration for all things Morky, Bloody Skull Orks can't help but be impressed by the levels of cowardly cunning their diminutive servants can reach, and consequently they treat them with slightly more respect than other Orks would.  Since these are Orks we're talking about, this basically just means they'll kick a Grot out of their way instead of simply stepping on it.  This works out for them just fine though, because an additional quirk of the Bloody Skull strain is that more Grots are produced than normal, so there are always plenty of Grot Tanks and Killa Kans available for the next WAAAGH!

4: A NECRON DYNASTY:  The second most recent addition to my list, I haven't gotten very far in fleshing this one out yet.

5: AN IMPERIAL GUARD REGIMENT:  The most recent army I decided I'd want to play, I'm currently thinking mechanized infantry (i.e. every squad gets a Chimera), supplemented by Tanks and Artillery.

Welcome Lord Captain!

Here you can find interesting topics ranging from gaming and modelling to background discussion and story telling! So you not playing or not building an army does not prohibit you in any way from actively participating in the boards.

As a new member please take the time to read through the Forum Rules. One thing you'll notice is that this is an Armies of Humanity only forum, which effectively means no Xenos discussion. So no Orks, Necrons, Tau, Eldar, Dark Eldar etc discussion is allowed.

Have a look around and don't hesitate to contact me or any other Moderator / Administrator should you require any assistance.

Once again welcome! :)

Hail and welcome to B&C, brother!

I'm a big fan of the 40k setting, in actual practice I don't actually have much to do with 40k the game.  A combination lack of motivation, funds, and willingness to mutilate myself in the name of making an army.  XACTO knives are scary, they're like scalpels that've never been washed in their entire lives.

The setting is what keeps many players in the game. I suspect that had the background been... lacking, 40k would not have lasted as long as it has. And yes, XACTO knives are scary - just point them away from flesh (although, let's be honest, that won't always happen and self-inflicted injuries offerings to Khorne can and do happen).

If I did play, these are the five armies I'd have:

1: THE IRON DRAGONS:  A Slavic themed Loyalist chapter.

2: THE DEATH LEOPARDS:  A Slanneshi CSM chapter themed around 80s Hair Metal, any and all Noise Marines I'd build would have custom Sonic Blaster parts that looked like electric guitars, like nature intended.

Sweet. Planning to pop over to the Liber anytime soon? I'm sure myself, Messor and our assorted range of Liberites wouldn't mind helping you with your ideas. :)

3: DA BLOODY SKULL KLAN:  A kustom Ork klan/horde I came up with one day.  The Bloody Skull strain was formed when an Ork warband made predominately of Blood Axes and Deathskulls became stranded on a single planet long enough for hybridization to occur.  They are considered by all the other Ork Klans to be the sneakiest, most untrustworthy bunch of betraying, backstabbing gits in the galaxy, a point of pride for them and something they strive to maintain.  Ork boyz of this klan tend to become Lootaz or Kommandoz, with a large number of the Oddboyz produced by the klan turning out to be Mekz, with Wierdboyz being something of a rarity in the klan.  Their one dark secret, their hidden shame they couldn't bear the other Ork klans knowing about, is that they're inordiantely fond of their Grots.  With such admiration for all things Morky, Bloody Skull Orks can't help but be impressed by the levels of cowardly cunning their diminutive servants can reach, and consequently they treat them with slightly more respect than other Orks would.  Since these are Orks we're talking about, this basically just means they'll kick a Grot out of their way instead of simply stepping on it.  This works out for them just fine though, because an additional quirk of the Bloody Skull strain is that more Grots are produced than normal, so there are always plenty of Grot Tanks and Killa Kans available for the next WAAAGH!

4: A NECRON DYNASTY:  The second most recent addition to my list, I haven't gotten very far in fleshing this one out yet.

Ah, yes, xenos. We do not speak of them here (as Semper has stated already). ;)

5: AN IMPERIAL GUARD REGIMENT:  The most recent army I decided I'd want to play, I'm currently thinking mechanized infantry (i.e. every squad gets a Chimera), supplemented by Tanks and Artillery.

Then I'll think you'll find that B&C's Imperial Guard subforum would be the ideal place to discuss this army. 

Have a look around and don't hesitate to contact me or any other Moderator / Administrator should you require any assistance.

I must echo this sentiment. I heartily advise that, as we like to be a friendly bunch, coming to us with an issue is absolutely fine. We would only wish to help.

Archived