CM with Stormshield ?

malorn24

You have stormshield somewhere on the model? Its WYSIWYG. This could be as a hat, slung over his back, welded to the side of a lightning claw, epicly posed on the base, carried by a model whose only job is to show that the character has a stormshield and looks like a chapter serf.....

Not to complicated.

I once modelled a librarian in terminator armour on a sculpted base. His left hand was holding an axe. His right arm was stretched out as if casting. I placed the shield on the ground leaning against an embankment facing outwards. It looks as if he placed his shield down in front of him so he can cast his powers. Just a thought.

I've been thinking about storm shields as well recently.

The idea I was playing around with is to use the Grey Knights personal teleporter backpack as a power field generator to justify the 3++.  That way it is represented as an energy shield, rather than a physical shield - thus leaving his hands free to control his bike and hold his weapon at the same time.

It would take 10 seconds at most to explain - and is represented on the model - so I can't imagine too many people having an issue with it.

If you need to explain it then why not just say he has a "storm shield" as I believe that would be a quicker explanation rather than explaining why he has a GK interceptor backpack that does not make him count as jump infantry but instead counts as something else that he doesn't have access to.

If you go down that route then by the same token I could stick a Tactical Marine on table and claim it is a CM with Burning Blade and Storm Shield. Don't knock others for taking the time and effort to make imaginative WYSIWYG models that will lend themselves well to explanation when your opponent requires one.

I wasn't knocking him, merely suggesting that modeling a model with two weapons without a SS would be as acceptable as modeling a model with a proxy for a SS. If he wants to take the latter route he can do so, I'm not saying he shouldn't, only that former would be quicker. I would allow either, even your proxy DarkGuard, providing the model was different in some way to recognize it as such.

I would like to add this is the official rules forum, not the WIP forum, that's the reason for my reasoning.

You have stormshield somewhere on the model? Its WYSIWYG. This could be as a hat, slung over his back, welded to the side of a lightning claw, epicly posed on the base, carried by a model whose only job is to show that the character has a stormshield and looks like a chapter serf.....

Not to complicated.

I'm debating making a marine with a Storm Hat now.

I personally like the idea of having a serf holding a shield for the CM. If you wanted to upgrade his base size you could always fit a GK Crusader on there, but then you'd need a larger base and all that plus all the possible complaints that might bring.

As Grey Mage has said in another previous thread, we handle more than RAW here, although RAW is certainly the majority. What can be constituted as counts as may not seem the most relevant rules thread, but it is still relevant in it's own way, so long as it stays in the realms of whether something should be counted as counts as as opposed to modelling.

Archived