Bara's Random Assortment Of Marines

Baraval

Hi everyone, Ive just got into the hobby and iv been painting a bunch of different schemes to see which ill settle on. Ive only just begun painting in the last couple of months so my paint jobs are rather sub standard and ive been using primarily dark vengeance models to test with so there's some evidence of all the models being DA. If any of you could offer some comment or suggestion i would really appreciate it.

Im sorry For the poor quality as i lack a proper camera.

gallery_75119_9039_48707.jpg

gallery_75119_9039_14176.jpg

gallery_75119_9039_38979.jpg

gallery_75119_9039_16496.jpg

gallery_75119_9039_3253.jpg

gallery_75119_9039_53285.jpg

gallery_75119_9039_40777.jpg

gallery_75119_9039_39549.jpg

For a novice painter I would recommend the black paint scheme as you can paint the detail and then easily touch up any mistakes. Also you can quickly paint a lot of models quickly and this stops you from feeling overwhelmed when starting a new army. It is also a fluffy colour for one of the Dark Angels successor chapters and so the iconography is correct. This will become more important the more involved in the hobby you become, trust me!

For a new painter, I'd say your white is pretty smooth. That's actually hard to do. A little tweaking here and there, and you could hammer out some badass White Scars, or something along those lines.

PM me sometime, I'll pitch you some ideas.

Best of luck, brother, and keep on truckin'.

Archived