Inquisitor--in honor of the new Codex.

So those WFB arms DO work for an Acolyte! Been wondering if they would.

Nope. That's a Rogue Trader era space marine scout.

Well, he's not wrong, exactly.  I've seen empire bits used to GREAT effect in inquisitorial warbands.  But yes, that is a Rogue Trader marine scout, with a greenstuff re-breather sculpted on.

Ah cool. Thanks for sorting that out. Looking forward to seeing more Henchmen.

Great to see some classic models with such a well done paint scheme! Really impressed with how you got the black armor to stand out on all three. It looks like you're somehow using a dark brown base washed over with black, especially on the scout and sister. Is that the case?

Great to see some classic models with such a well done paint scheme! Really impressed with how you got the black armor to stand out on all three. It looks like you're somehow using a dark brown base washed over with black, especially on the scout and sister. Is that the case?

Thanks! Yeah I love these classic models to death. The blacks are generally done with a dark grey base heavily washed with nuln oil and then with some sepias and orange/brown glazes to add grit. It's funny I almost never use actual black paint.

Thanks for letting us in on that secret IE - I was wondering how you achieved that - the 'black' looks stunning. It has a real depth that you don't get from a real black. Great old =][= sculpt - it's been kept fairly well, usually old models like that get chipped and bashed to hell over the years.

Cheers

I

Never thought of using a glaze to achieve that effect before, that's a great tip. I've used the dark grey or blue/black wash technique before and find it very successful but I'm definitely going to try out experimenting with another wash layer or glaze now.

I never realized until now how much that sculpt looks like Inquisitor Lebowski.

http://i.imgur.com/gMjQZTl.jpg?1

Great job on him! Makes me want to get mine painted up.

That chapter relic banner really tied my battle barge's room together man. 

Great job, I really like the style you've used. Interesting method on the black too, I'll have to give that a go.

That model really brings back memories, I remember buying that model as a kid for about £2.99 (maybe less, it was some time a go). It was one of my favourites, I always liked the pointing powerfist, for some time it was the only powerfist with an expression. The bionic leg and oldschool shoulders with 3 peaks along the bottom edge! I think this has inspired me to dig mine out!!

Archived