Cooperating with C: Inquisition - Beneficial or heresy?

Roma89

The unforgiven has gained access to new battle brothers in the form of the new codex.

There seems to be some potential in enhancing our armies with the release of this book.  I can think of servo-skulls being handy to have with our plasma cannon devastators and whirlwinds. Incorporating a Xenos inquisitor to accompany either thunder hammer toting Deathwing or Deathwing knights with ulumeathi plasma syphon for protection, divination for rerolls, and contributing with rad and psychotroke grenades!

Communion can help with our reserve rolls too!

I haven't gone through the whole thing, but does anyone else notice any particularly nice combos?

Should I just march myself over to chamber 42 for cleansing for considering this heretical act of welcoming some inquisition?  Perhaps.

There is no shame in utilizing the arm of the various Ordos. though, should a particularly inquisivite.. Well, Inquisitor, just HAPPEN to be in the thickest of the fighting and not be blessed with his own suite of Terminator armor and ACCIDENTLY is wounded by the backswing of a wayward Thunderhammer, who are we to blame? The touch of chaos is the realm of the Inquisition and they should expect it to act in kind....

They DO have some interesting toys (aforementioned psych nades in particular)...

I've gone through it and posted my thoughts here two minutes after you. There's a few things which stand out but honestly outside of what I have mentioned the rest is mildly interesting. Ordo Malleus inquisitors with terminator armour and a psycannon for DW, Ordo Hereticus inquisitors with a null rod, and Valkyries because they make the Nephilim really look like excrement. I think that between this thread and mine I have covered all of the most interesting points.

Overall I like the codex but it is a little underwhelming.

I'd say it's possible, but Inquisitors around the Dark Angels probably have a lot of 'accidents', like Commissars do in Catachan regiments. The old Catachan Codex had a rule where Commissars had to roll before the game to see if they survive to make it to the table. Something like that might be appropriate here. 

Really? I'm not sure why the Unforgiven and DA in particular would be hostile to the ][ in any way. Best to cooporate so that their gaze falls elsewhere.

Besides our secrets are well hidden ;)

Cheers

I

well, the galaxy is a large and dangerous place and accidents happen specially in spaceships, where the wc's may be right next to a airlock. a inquisitor could be distracted with important matters, and open the wrong door. wwwoooossshhhhhhh!!!!! whistlingW.gif

They're on the chart as Battle Brothers. Pandorax, for one example, was a combined Dark Angels/Grey Knights operation. Of course they work together.

Just because they're willing to do anything to hide their secret doesn't mean they roll around the galaxy offing every Inquisition agent they encounter. They're hostile to any Inquisitors snooping around their business, but the vast majority of Inquisitors have completely unrelated agendas, and refusing to cooperate with them would only arouse suspicion.

Archived