Codex:Inquisition; Anything for the DA?

CovertToaster

What I mean is they don't yield kill points since they're counters, not units.

Ah... you took the "enemy rolls kill points" and "enemy rolls first turn" as a single thought.  They were separate.  "enemy rolls kill points" refers to the ridiculous fragility of the spammed minimum-size warbands.  Three free kill points, not six.  The "enemy gets first turn and kills your skulls" bit refers to the plan of using the skulls as homing beacons for the DWA. 

That is what I think March10k meant. You will be unhappy after they are removed from the board either way. Especially when you don't get your deepstrike and you were not setting them up for scout denial. Belial, is only good for one squad. More so on topic there is a lot of good stuff in this codex. Coteaz, death cults for melee, decent fliers with Melta troopers, cheap divination, scoring rerollable 3++ crusaders with Coteaz and a priest, null rods, anti demon shenanigans, what else do you really want?

Going back to the scouting landraider with DWK how is this possible?  I thought allies could never going in transports?

They can't.

Also, a pretty mean unit is the priests. 4++ and they get zealot and smash, which means they can became str8 ap2 with 3 attacks each (at initiative) on the charge if you give them all power mauls. It's pretty easy to buff them with an inquisitor, and nobody would expect that kind of unit to bust out of a land raider. They're surprisingly effective against monstrous creatures and anything that hits hard with few attacks.

Archived