500 pts No FOC what do you use?

[TA]Typher

Hi guys,

I recenlty played a mega-battle (of sorts) at my local gaming store. The rules was no force organization chart requirements, Only 500 points, No DSing and flyers had to take 2 jinks saves a turn or take a hull point of damamge. The point was to reach the center of the board and escape the planet that was being devoured. It was three boards end to end, with people starting on each end of the table. Tyranids infested the planet and would pop out pretty regularly depending how close you were to their spires, which were impossible to avoid as you progressed.

On your table There were Xenos and Marines. You could attack (or be attacked) by fellow marine players as well as the Xenos (orks happen to be on our end of the table.

If you died you could respawn at your deployment zone and start again.

So.... with those limits what would you take?

I originally took 10 Terms with a CML and a PC.

We weren't told how the scenario was to be played, just how we could build our armies. the last event like this the goal was to wipe out a enemy Astartes unit in the middle of the table and take possesion of a relic. In that even you could DS. I used Knights and Belial and ended up winning. Terms are just so resilient and DS is so great that it was too hard to pass up again.

If I could have do it again I would have took Sammuel and as many RAS bikers as I could. With a goal of reaching the middle and enemies in front of you, moving then turbo boosting (with Sammy's WL trait) and Hit and run if I get assaulted I would have made it in record time.

Two Land Raiders.

make them crusaders, if nids are popping out all over the place.

/edit/  Well, if I weren't told anything about the scenario, it'd probably be a crusader-mounted deathwing squad with four thundernators, plus a MM for the crusader.

Hm... against 'nids, right?

How about... two 10-men Legion Tactical Support Squads with Volkite Calivers, and a claw/fist+combi weapon for the sergeant?

That'd be a total of 18 Volkite Calivers, enough to make those larger 'nid squads cower in fear, while still being a threat to the larger 'nids.

Optional, have one squad with Rotor Cannons instead.

I think this scenario would be better with the other two factions trying to escape being non-Imperial. That way, you get to eliminate even more filthy xenos, heretics, or daemons before delivering Exterminatus on the dying planet. :)

Archived