Dorian Heresy Emperor's Children Blog

Elwrath

Hey there B & C. I've been lurking about and loving everyone's models for a few years now and I finally decided to take the time to start my own blog on here about my take on the Emperor's Children. I read the Dorian Heresy stuff when it was brought out and loved every second of it. What an awesome take on the Heresy story, and having already been modeling/painting my marines as Pre-Heresy EC at the time I was even happier to let them stay loyal (When I play regular 40k I use them as Vanilla Marines, mostly Salamanders though I have dabbled with Blood Angel rules too). Anyhow I had this entirely insane and silly plan (still do) when I started that I wanted to eventually have the whole legion. Now when I had this idea it was under the older fluff that there were only around 10k EC marines at the time of the Horus Heresy. So I imagined and kinda still do that of the course of 20 years or so I could actually amass that many...after 5-6 years I'm up to around 300ish divided into a couple of companies and a lot of extra unbuilt or at least unconverted marines. So ya, its gonna be an uphill climb tongue.png Anyway to keep myself motivated and try to get more models done on a more regular basis (instead of right before a tournament or apoc game) I decided to share my latest project. I hope you guys like my take on things:

So having already built and at least somewhat painted a bunch of "traditionally" colored EC I got kinda bored painting the same thing. Also there's only so much fluff/background about them (even with the new awesome forgeworld books/black library books) and with the Dorian Heresy in mind I decided that I wanted to do a company of EC that would at least give a nod toward ravenguard and the cool stuff they do (obviously the non Dorian Heresy Ravenguard since they're bad in the DH). Also at the time I came up with the idea I really wanted a painted tournament army that played Shrike (this was 2-3 years ago now, and obviously the idea has been shelved for awhile) rules of the 5th ed. codex. With that in mind I came up with a paint scheme and eventually built/coverted a tactical marine. I liked it (and Ill put of pics of him later since I left him at work). Well life, work, child, wife etc. of course gets in the way and it wasn't until now with the new codex that I've decided to give it another go and try to make a list and paint models to go with it, that are EC but still have a Ravenguard like feel to them.

That brought me to the next problem. If I wanted to have any chance of winning even a local tournament with Ravenguard rules I basically couldn't play Ravenguard rules sad.png I really tried to come up with something that wasn't all drop pods and shrikes unit of JPers. I really wanted it to work but the darn Chapter Tactics rules work against each other (still hoping in vain that GW will faq that...not likely though). Anyhow seeing how that wasn't working I almost gave up in despair of the idea when I realized that I could still get some of the benefits and at least a little of the feel of the army I was going for by bringing the army using White Scar chapter tactics. Ya I know it kills me to do it, but it can't be helped. I would get to benefit from Hit and Run for everything I wanted to bring (feels right to have power armour but not a lot or any terminator/centurion armour). Also I could bring Kor'sarro and everyone's dedicated transports would benefit from the scout special rule. So while it isn't ideal (not a bunch of JPers) I can still get an at least playable list, that has some of the feel I want and I won't hate trying to make work on the table top.

So this list is what I've started to build and what I will grow more lists out of eventually:

Kor'sarro Khan

Chaptain- artificer armor, Teeth of Terra, power fist

Command Squad- Apothecary, Grav-gun x3, Storm Shield x4

Rhino

Command Squad- Apothecary, Grav-gun x3, Storm Shield x4

Rhino

Tactical Squad(10)- Vet. Sergeant, power weapon, meltagun, multi-melta

Rhino

Tactical Squad(10)- Vet. Sergeant, power weapon, meltagun, multi-melta

Rhino

Assault Squad(10)- Vet. Sergeant, Thunderhammer, flamer x2

Rhino

Assault Squad(10)- Vet. Sergeant, Thunderhammer, flamer x2

Rhino

Thunderfire cannon x2 <----- I know that's not really Ravenguardy but I love playing them and it was my own little compromise toward playability.
That's 1850 and for 2k I'd at 2 typhoon landspeeders. I love the look of Thunderhammers, but frankly I'll probably take the 2 out of the Assault Squads and give them Powerfists instead so the Tactical Sergs can have melta bombs.

Anyway know that that's out of the way now its time for the pics:

TeethofTerraCaptain1

TeethofTerraCaptain2

TeethofTerraCaptain3

This is my Captain (unnamed as of yet) who has the Teeth of Terra.

CountsasKor'sarro1

CountsasKor'sarro2

CountsasKor'sarro3

Here's my take on a counts as Kor'sarro.

CS1

CS1 2

CS2

CS2 2

Apothecary1

Apothecary2

CS3

CS3 2

CS5

And here's the first of the 2 command squads.

Sorry about the blurriness on the edges of some of the pictures, I'm new at picture taking. Also I hope they're not too small, I cropped them so they wouldn't be ridiculously big.

I don't know for sure when I'll get paint on them, but I'll do my best to keep this blog updated. Hopefully later this week I'll get that painted tactical marine up on here.

Thanks for reading/viewing c and c welcome of course.

Archived