Talhydras

Hey guys!

Since I am in Sicily for the next 4 months, I thought about starting a new army for the new Space Marine Codex.

After a while I settled on the Storm Lords - mainly because I like halved schemes, they are partly white and I wanted a bike army to get the most out of the new grav weapons.

Right now with me I have a tactical squad, but once I am back in Germany I am going to add the bikes, centurions and all the other stuff to this 1500 points project.

I just finished a test model (to be honest, it was the second), yet varnishing left the model with tiny tiny white dots here and there which I had to clean up (mainly on the black parts). Sicily is very humid, I don't think it is really recommended to use varnish here... alas I will finish the other models and varnish them when I get back to Germany for Christmas.

http://666kb.com/i/cje02ol67jy2kmdi8.jpg

(it's just a cellphone-cam...)

Comments and criticism welcome.

Next year I am going to print and add decals to it... I will post pictures of other completed models here!

Greets,

Talhydras

Only thing I'd change would be the red arrow on red ground on the shoulderpad. Kind of hard to make out. Insignium Astartes uses a scheme with white arrows and roman numerals in black, which is easier to read.

The final highlight on the yellow could be a bit brighter, but maybe it's just the picture.

Very nice, clean painting and good choice with the Storm Lords. My FLGS has a Storm Lords army on display and they look great. I like it.

Only thing I'd change would be the red arrow on red ground on the shoulderpad. Kind of hard to make out. Insignium Astartes uses a scheme with white arrows and roman numerals in black, which is easier to read.

The final highlight on the yellow could be a bit brighter, but maybe it's just the picture.

Very nice, clean painting and good choice with the Storm Lords. My FLGS has a Storm Lords army on display and they look great. I like it.

It's the picture... the final highlight on the yellow (Bleached/Ushabti Bone and then 2 coats of Lamenters Yellow) is actually pretty striking.

The thing with the red arrow... I was thinking the same beforehand, but - maybe it's a stupid reason - I want different symbols than in my Raven Guard army. As far as I am concerned: As long as I can read the tactical symbol, I am satisfied. In addition, I had the chance to use the numbers from the Cadian transfer sheet... msn-wink.gif

Thanks so far!

Storm Lords? HECK YES. Your first marine looks excellent, especially considering the challenge of such a complex colour scheme. I shall be watching this thread with great interest, as, I imagine, will many others. :)

The eyes of the B&C are upon thee brother, make us proud.

Hey guys!

Thanks for the positive feedback so far!

I hope it's okay to use this thread for all the pictures... I don't want to bother anyone following the WIP pictures and then start searching the thread with the finished pictures...

Yesterday I sat down and got myself to work on the flamer guy. Beforehand I converted his flamer to resemble a dragon's head and attached some scales (from the shield of a Lizardmen Saurus warrior) to his shoulderpad. I was sick of all the rolls, all the pelts and so on... thus, I decided to add scales. Just something different msn-wink.gif

I will have to basecolour the rest of the metallic parts and the black, but then I'll start on the white... hopefully within a few days, but with guests right now it's hard to find spare time.

http://666kb.com/i/cjfvw9tlcfceqt5uf.jpg

I hope you like him!

Cheers,

Talhydras

Archived