Novice Painter, 3rd Model Ever

AshenKnight

I got a second guy almost complete as well and I think he's even better than this guy. Either way I won't upload him until I get the full squad done - with proper photos and it should look quite nice.

Either way, very happy with where I'm at.

:)

It's damn hard to agree on a standard, the painting these days is so outrageous on these websites that sell them you set yourself up with a self-expectacny failure!

Looks great! If this is how you are starting off, you will be awesome. You are right about how the Internet has raised expectations, but it also provides sites like this one where you can get advice and inspiration! Keep it up!

I like it but my one issue is simple; I hate grey knights :D

And until they remove the fluff where draigo (a space marine) carving his name into mortarion (primarch deamon prince of nurgle) heart I will refuse to play them like them or collect them.

But yours is good ;)

Hiho,

third modell ever?? I hate youwink.png

All jokes aside, my third modell was "painted" with marker pens. Now seeing this I´m thinking: Holy s***, already doing some kind of osl (last pic, terminator's hand with the nemesis weapon). Unbelievable! If you are already this good I can't wait to see what your able to do in like a year or so.

Keep going brotherthumbsup.gif

-Boo-

It's pretty basic.

Black prime.

Mix black and boltgun and thin it down, go over all the model.

Wash it reasonably heavy with black nuln oil.

Go over with a fresh, slightly thinned boltgun on all the raised SURFACES.

Hit the raised EDGES with a mithril silver highlight.

Archived