The horror - I discovered our true dark secret!

GreenMoss

Here's the 7th theory. All the traitor legions changed their heraldry colours. Food for thought brothers.

I don't know what's more shameful:  this slander, or the fact that it was tolerated for so long!

The Emperor's Children, Iron Warriors, and Night Lords did not change their heraldry colours.  Furthermore, the Dark Angels are not the only Loyal Legion to have changed their colours; the Space Wolves did as well.

Here's the 7th theory. All the traitor legions changed their heraldry colours. Food for thought brothers.

So you're saying that the Space Wolves are also traitors?

Dunno if it has been retconned yet, but pre-heresy they had a dark grey colour scheme as per IA: 13th Great Company article as well as per C:Eye of Terror.

Their colours are the same in Horus Heresy. Artistic liberty tends to have artists play on shades they prefer. The 13th is also lost in the eye of terror. Coincidence? I THINK NOT HERETIC!

Their colours are the same in Horus Heresy. Artistic liberty tends to have artists play on shades they prefer.

Nay! The ancient Index Astartes tomes show a modern Space Wolf standing next to a pre-Heresy counterpart and there is a clear difference between the two that cannot be dismissed as an artist's fancy.

Archived