Death Guard Terminators

Son of Barbarus

Hey Guys,

I've got 5 Terminators in my Death Guard army and I would like some advice on how to equip them. I was thinking of a lightning claw and combi melta for the champion. A chainfist, power fist and reaper autocannon spread throughout the other terminators. Is this a good selection of weapons. I will be running them in a land raider and there are two obliterators and a lascannon dread in the army. I may even lose the champion and put Typhus with the four in the land raider. Your advice is appreciated.

Cheers,

Son of Barbarus.

I would go with the power axe as the standard melee weapon - it's AP2 and costs you nothing. Couple that with T5 and they should be survivable. I would also take two power fists on non champion terminators for the high strength killing blows. As far as ranged weapons I am a big fan of the heavy flamer disembarking from a land raider... It will take the smile away from Tau and Eldar. I also like one terminator armed with a pair of lightning claws for the good number of attacks at I4.

I cant really fault BBF's suggestions. I like a mix of weaponry.

5 terminators:, 3 axes, 1 fist, 1 claw on the champ.

I'd also go with a plasma on the champion, in case of the odd precision shot which may net you a boon.

If they're rolling up the field in a raider, their target should already be out of transports, so think about what's in the rest of the army before you spend too many points on combis.

Being death guard, I generally run mine two ways too.

For close combat I'll equip tartaros armour, manreapers and hand flamers and for ranged support it's cataphracti armour and grenade launchers. Oops! That's 30k options!

Archived