No Scatter DS List w/o Dante

IK Viper

This is a gimic/ wording loop hole that I have not tried to use yet but with the advent of the new Inquisition codex and their access to Servo Skulls which among other things allow you to scatter 1d6 less then normal while DS within 12 inches of the skull I am contemplating using this to essentially DS without scattering with all my BA jump troops as they now scatter 0d6 aka not at all within 12" of the skulls. 

This is obvious cheese and I normally would avoid doing it on principle alone but BA have been boned so hard by 6th Ed. I almost wouldn't feel bad about it. 

Vanguard Vets that do not scatter could be really awesome in some games... Just a thought. 

Also, ASM with double flamers become alot more scary to deck chair units if you can basically maximize the flamer hits off the drop b/c you don't scatter.  Honourguard Loaded down with 4 Flamers or 4 Melta could be uber nasty too. 

Previously, one could not use the wargear of another army. In this case, Grey Knights were Allies of Convenience but just because Codex: Inquisition are Battle Brothers with us, it does not mean we can use their stuff.

For example, we still can't use Imperial Guard wargear, nor does anything non-BA get buffed by our Priests, etc.

Iirc the servo skulls in C:GK said that friendly models could benefit from them, but were allies of convenience friendly? GW later FAQ'd that allies of convenience are treated as enemies, but that could not shoot one another etc etc. Battle Brother Inquisitors are surly friendly however.

It's more often than not that case that friendly models refer to the Codex they are purchased from. For example, friendly models may use a dedicated transport purchased for another unit, but only if they are BA.

Also, our Techmarines can't fix any of our Battle Brother's tanks, so there is a lot of precedence in the game for the above tactic to be illegal.

Blood Angels are not able to benfit from GK Servo Skulls, as they are both AoC with each other.

Servo Skulls work on all 'friendly' minis in the Army.

As Codex: Inquisition are Battle Brothers with a Blood Angels, they would be able to use any Servo Skulls to reduce the Scatter distance by 1d6.

I see no reason this would not stack with Descent of Angels to allow units DSing within range (12") of a Servo Skull to do so without Scatter.

As the skulls are easily removed, without the ability to have first turn, and drop your troops first turn as well, it's application would be rather, limited.

While you can't use friendly war gear, that meant that the guys in your primary detachment cannot themselves be equipped with ally wargear items. However, the effects of friendly wargear or abilities can be used i,e, using a psyker to buff ally units unless of course it says otherwise in the wargear description. Example being that the sanguinary priest wouldn't confer the FNP bubble to an Inquisitor unit because it's the wargear description states "only Blood Angel units" benefit, however a locator beacon has no such caveat so therefore a battle brother ally can guide your DS troops in with one.

Archived