Clan Raukann + Iron Hands Allies?

Technoscream

Wondering if you guys can clear this up for me. I know there is a lot of flexibility in supplement detachments being able to ally with the codex detachment, but I am confused over Clan Raukann.

Q.) Can a Clan Raukann detachment ally with a Codex Space Marines detachment which is using the iron Hands Chapter trait?

(...Or does this not work because they would both be using the Iron Hands trait?)

Thanks

Wondering if you guys can clear this up for me. I know there is a lot of flexibility in supplement detachments being able to ally with the codex detachment, but I am confused over Clan Raukann.

Q.) Can a Clan Raukann detachment ally with a Codex Space Marines detachment which is using the iron Hands Chapter trait?

(...Or does this not work because they would both be using the Iron Hands trait?)

Thanks

My interpretation: It's not allowed because they use the same chapter tactics. An army using the Supplement is still an army from the C:SM.

Thanks

My interpretation: It's not allowed because they use the same chapter tactics. An army using the Supplement is still an army from the C:SM.

That's how I read it too.

You could run dual FoC and have one Primary being Clan Raukann, and the other Primary being Codex Iron Hands...

Interesting objection. Is it even necessary to run dual FoC? The C:SM says that chapters with the same chapter tactics can be in the same department. Which would say what you could use Marine and Raukaan traits and relics both in one army. You just have to decide which traits do you want to use. Iron Stone + Shield Eternal possible?

Edit: I guess the warlord would have to decide, so he could not get both. But one HQ could get the Shield and one the Stone?

I dont suppose the supplement has anything to say on allies at all? I havent gotten ahold of it yet.

I don't know, but the C:SM says.

Is it even necessary to run dual FoC?

Yes.

If you have different Marines, with the same Chapter Tactics, then they count as the same detachment.

IH+CR IH = same detachment.

But a Dual FoC would have two Primary detachments.

Both of these run CT: IH, but there's nothing to stop one (seperate to the other) using Codex IH CT and the other using CR IH CT.

Archived