second 1k pts army list

N2T

So, now that I'm back in, there's a league running that starts at 1k pts and runs up to 3k.  I have heard that killing off the opposing army is nice..but not really a game winner these days and that you must actually consider tactics.  My first list was completely illegal as I didn't fully understand the new rules.  I brought in my army, bought the books that day and played, missing that a demon prince with black mace won't let me take plague marines as troops, I won the game, but it was a hollow victory with many mistakes on my part.  

So, here's my new 1k list.

2 units of

chaos lord, mark, P. fist, icon of corruption

5xmarines with 2 plasma guns

1xchamp with melta bombs

in stock Rhinos

2 tri las preds with possession

I'm thinking that's two tank busters, two fast moving scoring units with cheap champs that can take challenges, what do you think for a small 1k game, I'm at 998pts.  And it's kinda fluffy with 7 people per unit.

As pts go up, I plan to add more PM units, my heldrake, another predator, and maybe toss the two lords for a lord on palanquin..unsure still how useful that is compared to more troops and two tough units though.  But, for 1k how's my start?

From the way I'm reading that, it doesn't appear to have 1 HQ and two Troops, rather the other way round - which wouldn't make it a legal list - I'm guessing that wasn't intentional? Unless you mean two of the same Lord and two of the Troops... just isn't clear!

The balance is skewed generally within the list - it would be more appropriate to drop at least one of the Predators for a solid troop choice, you'll only need a single Lord with minimal gear, AC/Las Predator would be the better choice of the two, and even adding some Cultists for the odd objective grab may also benefit. 

• 3 weeks later...

You dont need the second lord.

Possession on the preds makes them worse at what they do (shoot), lose it on both.

I reckon that frees up about 170pts. Drake?

The army is very small for the points. 2 Tri las preds may be overkill, or not depending on who you normally play against.

I'd add more bodies. The PM can look after themselves. Consider:

20 cultists, 10 autoguns (100pts) Lord goes with them, walking upfield.

Or swapping a pred for oblietrators for anti infantry firepower.

Or just stick in the helldrake

Lord, Mark of Nurgle, Fist, Sigil of Corruption

5PM, 2 plasma, champ, bomb

5PM, 2 plasma, champ, bomb

Helldrake

Tri-Las-pred

Tri-Las-pred

Archived