hey guys

my army is as follows:

HQ: captain, basic loadout

TPS: 2x tac squads, 1 with ML & HB, 1 with melta, 

1x sternguard squad (10) 1 has a plasma rifle they are in a rhino

2 sanguinary priests

DC squad (5) each has different ccw

basic predator with lascannon turret and LC sponsoons

i just bought this army as it is, i wanted to know is this an effective list??? what do you guys think i could do to really pimp out this list, im pretty new to the BA so ill take any advice.

thanks

Hi and hope you enjoy your time here, you will find an army list section, might be worth having a look at other peoples lists and idea's

Sounds ok to me. BA lists tend to have assault marines rather than tacticals, a librarian or reclusiarch HQ also because it's a fast moving army you will find either DOA, Mech lists work best for them

DC are really helped by Having a reclusiarch or chaplain And sang priests are best kept near your tac and stern

Apart from that have a good look through lists and take eliminates you feel you would enjoy and. Have fun

You have a good base, but you are lacking power units to hammer into your opponents.

If you are looking to invest as little as possible for now, consider using these models under the Space marine codex. Captains are useless to BA, but can do amazing things in the SM codex.

If you feel like investing a bit, a librarian will go a long way. So would a Furioso dreadnought and some drop pods. Blood angels play a very aggressive style and excel in short ranged fire power.

If you can magnetize your tactical squads to have CCWs and bolt pistols you could save more money there. Tacticals have limited usefulness in a BA army due to the greater flexibility of assault squads.

hey guys

thanks for the advice, im going to boost my armies punch with either terminators in a land raider, or my 5 DC and a DC dreddy in a stormraven. definatly getting a baal predator this week!. BTW i just got mephiston, scary statline, but apparently he has been nerfed a bit in 6th,  any ideas on how to effectively run him?

I would go for the dreadnought and the storm raven over terminators in a landraider. Make sure to magnetize your dreadnought weapons!

Mephiston is best played as a bully. He can crush just about anything that doesn't have a 2+ save. I usually use him to attack flanks and swoop in to crush vulnerable bits after a good inital alpha strike. He can also ride a storm raven if need be.

I'm new here too but I would go with the terminators in a land raider because if his enemy has pretty good anti-air the storm raven would get blasted in hovermode. The storm raven would be best used to blast enemy units from about the middle of the board especially with ap1 blood strike missiles

This is all from what I've read and seen though as I don't have an army yet I'm saving up money and currently deciding on what I want.

Hi Mikehawk, and also Alexandro, welcome to Baal!

Good thoughts on the Stormraven, I am of the view that it is best as a gunship, although it is an excellent way to deliver a dread into your opponents army.

The point you make about anti air - Once it is in hover-mode, any gun can shoot it, not just the anti air ones. The idea would be to take out the opponents anti air in Turn 1, allow the raven to come on T2, the raven can then take out some more ant tank stuff, and then enter hover-mode when it is safe to do so and drop off the dread.

As ever, go with the models you like the most!

Archived