GotC 're-deployment'?

Ekim_Trub

Hey guys, I am currently working on a bit background for my diy chapter and had a question regarding the Guardians of the Covenant, so where better to ask than here?

How prone are they to 're-deploying' on the field of battle in pursuit of a Fallen? I know the Dark Angels and the Angels of Redemption are famed for it, but wondered are the other successors as guilty for doing so also?

Hunting the Fallen is a top priority for ALL of the Unforgiven.  It is in all likelihood completely circumstantial that certain chapters of The Unforgiven have had to cut-and-run on their allies more than others have.  In the event that the merest hint of information regarding The Fallen were to become known to them, the Guardians of the Covenant would re-deploy immediately in pursuit of that goal, just like any other chapter of The Unforgiven would.

Besides...while they're prone to do so at any time, such a thing probably occurs maybe once a century...If there were so many fallen running around that what you're describing were a common occurrence, then the secret would have been out a loooooong time ago.  And since the common battle brother of an unforgiven chapter is carefully shielded from the burden of knowledge, such "redeployments" will seldom involve anyone but the first and second companies...keeping a 4th company element in the dark in the middle of an operation to capture a fallen brother is nearly as tricky as snatching one out from under the nose of the inquisition, so they're rarely involved, if it can be helped.

My view is that whilst on deployment the battle companies would have 1st and 2nd company elements accompanying them both for military purposes and "just in case" they get wind of the Hunt. After all, the company captains are all members if the Inner Circle and would know how to use the Death/Raven-wing elements. However, the bulk of 1st and 2nd companies would generally be used together, both militarily and for prosecuting planned actions against the Fallen.

Interesting, so would it be feasible for me to say that my Chapter and the GotC were jointly persecuting a campaign against a planet in rebellion, only for the GotC to 'wander off' mid-battle??

its possible, but it is important to remember that unlike what most nay sayers like to claim, "wandering off" is not something that happens often. the unforgiven can go centuries without finding a single clue about the fallen

My view is that whilst on deployment the battle companies would have 1st and 2nd company elements accompanying them both for military purposes and "just in case" they get wind of the Hunt. After all, the company captains are all members if the Inner Circle and would know how to use the Death/Raven-wing elements. However, the bulk of 1st and 2nd companies would generally be used together, both militarily and for prosecuting planned actions against the Fallen.

In fact, that's more or less how the new Codex describes the Chapter's actual order of battle. :)

In fact, that's more or less how the new Codex describes the Chapter's actual order of battle. smile.png

Indeed it is, which is why I've stopped buying terminators and bikes msn-wink.gif

Archived