A Message for Captain Semper

mactire

Capt I have a thread running at the moment on the loyalist SW forum where they pick the load-outs, as a thanks for all your work in the ETL I invite you to arm up an allied DA captain using any of the bits mentioned in the thread also you can include the contents of the space marine commander set (old plastic kit not the new clampack one).

For my own part, I come down on the side of courage. For courage can sometimes make a virtue of inexperience. I myself have commanded Imperial Guard troops whose probitor units have achieved great things, because they were too inexperienced to realise that their goal was impossible.

SCNR

A wolf in The Rock? Either you're a brave one or I need to go get popcorn. msn-wink.gif

just a second brother, i'll go and get us some beverages instead. this could turn out to be interesting yes.gif

@mactire have you thought about sending Captain Semper a PM link to this? i only say as he's a mod doing mod duties and might not see it straight away. he is running 2 painting comp-threads atm.

Capt I have a thread running at the moment on the loyalist SW forum where they pick the load-outs, as a thanks for all your work in the ETL I invite you to arm up an allied DA captain using any of the bits mentioned in the thread also you can include the contents of the space marine commander set (old plastic kit not the new clampack one).

Linky?

How does this work exactly?

Just a idea I'm running in the SW forum. I'm starting a new GC and as I'm sick of taking forever to pick weps and armour types for troops I've asked the wolf forum members to give suggestions and I'll name the said models after them. As thanks for organising the ETL comps,without which I might never get anything done, I'm asking the Capt. would he like to choose a load-out for an allied DA capt.

That's fun! Thanks for the honour Mactire! :)

A few questions: Do you have access to Termie armour? And do you have access to DA specific sprue?

Depending on the answer I'll revert! In any case prepare yourself for a very unorthodox config! ;)

Some SW termi weapons and heads mainly but no spare legs or torsos. Also some bits that look like they came off a ravenwing sprue ??? some kind of rope with burners hanging off it a couple of RW sword and wing things and some DA figures that look like they have been carved, oh! and two bike cowls if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Mactire for being absent in the last days.. Real life is being really hectic for me.

So if your offer is still good, I would like a Dark Angels Master with Heavy Bolter - ala Captain Angelus in Dawn of War. As heavy ornamentation as possible (the bits from the old Captain kit would help on this front) and bare faced (if you have the bald head with the three service studs it would be ideal). Call him Master of Recruits to make it even more weird! :D

Again sorry for the late reply!

• 1 month later...

Here's a little update

With pack sergeant Maverick (from a call to arms, in the SW forum)

med_gallery_61271_9135_427382.jpg

med_gallery_61271_9135_169712.jpg

med_gallery_61271_9135_73061.jpg

med_gallery_61271_9135_86017.jpg

This my first time painting non SW's so I hope I did the colours justice. Hopefully I'll be back soon with more.

The captain looks great! 

As for Dark Angels environmental tolerances, and the presence of the gills and helmet, I think it has more to do with the aromas of ThunderWolves, rather than the cold. ;)

Well Mactire - it looks great! Maybe you should try painting more green in the future, maybe spend more time in the Rock too? ;)

Really like the base too... I suggest you darken the metal bits a bit with black wash then pick up the details again with leadbleacher or silver of some sort... Very simple and very effective.

Lovely pose...

BTW what happened to Maverick? :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...

Beautiful work Mactire, I feel honoured! :blush:

I really like the detail on all your minis, lovely work and a nice nod to the B&C community! :tu:

Get ready now, the SWs will be called again soon to take up their brushes!

Glad you're happy with it Capt, it was really enjoyable to work on what felt like somebody else's mini. I figured the skull and crossbones wolf pad was close enough to the legio symbol so I thought what the hell. As I said in the Wolves forum I'm always happy to contribute something to this site as it is my real link to the hobby and has always motivated me to keep going and try to improve my work. Looking forward to the next LPC or ETL competition. Until next winter.

Archived