Deamon Princess

Lord_Urbonov

So,I have been oncdiering taking a deamon prince for my WordBearers/deamon army, or even making a model to stand in for thebloodthirster I don't really care for.

So,I plunged into the games workshop online catologue and browsed all the chaos models, both 40K and Fantasy.

I found one I liked, added a weapon that can belieavably be both a mace (as I want to take the Black Mace for the deamon prince) and an axe,and swapped in one of the arms from the seeker chariot deamonettes.

Here's what I've ended up with.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2hyfcdx.jpg

Now, this Deamon Princess is a little small for a deamon prince or greater deamon, so my next step is to create a rocky spire on the appropriate sized base she can purch on to bring her up to the proper height.

Hope to post more pictures as I continue my work.

That's one hell of a Mace! happy.png

I quite like the Valkia the Bloody model (save for the fact that it's Finecast sad.png ), so a good choice I think happy.png

You did a great job with the whip and pose. You're right, Daemon Princesses are rarely seen and that's a shame, there's a lot of conversion potential to differentiate them from the straight up 'herp derp smash your face' Daemon Princes. Unfortunately, much as I generally like big weapons (and cannot lie), that black mace is just too big. It's bigger than she is. This would potentially be less of a problem if her wings were bigger (which might be something to consider anyway as they look a little small).

Forgive me if this seems harsh, I mean it as constructive feedback. Tis your model at the end of the day and do what makes you happy - I really like the concept you have going on and look forward to seeing it in its finished form :)

You did a great job with the whip and pose. You're right, Daemon Princesses are rarely seen and that's a shame, there's a lot of conversion potential to differentiate them from the straight up 'herp derp smash your face' Daemon Princes. Unfortunately, much as I generally like big weapons (and cannot lie), that black mace is just too big. It's bigger than she is. This would potentially be less of a problem if her wings were bigger (which might be something to consider anyway as they look a little small).

Forgive me if this seems harsh, I mean it as constructive feedback. Tis your model at the end of the day and do what makes you happy - I really like the concept you have going on and look forward to seeing it in its finished form smile.png

No worries, I appreciate constructive criticism. I do admit the mace is a bit big. It was the part that I spent the most time on and had the most difficulty with.

I just didn't have many right hands that were small enough to look appropriate to her wrist, and even fewer mace like objects (it's hard finding good maces lol)

In the end, I guess I got impatient, as I had been thinking about this project for a long time and was just eager to get going.

Once she goes onto her big base and on her large rock, the mace won't stick out so much I think.

• 2 weeks later...

By the time of this posting, a few things have changed, but I wanted to post the below picture of the base I cobbled together for the princess.

The rocks will eventually be emerging from Lava, and if i'm feelign ambitious I may even try and add some gow near the bottom where the rocks emerge from the heat.

I made an bit of a mistake though, and forgot that my primer spray melts the blue stuff. It turned out interesting, in a deformed and melted way, and may still work.

I will show progres as I paint.

http://i42.tinypic.com/jindyu.jpg

Archived