a "what if" thread

Tiger9gamer

so i've been thinking of the DA, and i have to ask you guys a "what if" question

What if a Company Master could unlock both of the wings? I mean, maybe like Codex SM, the company master get a bike and can get the RW as troops now. I have a feeling you can make him cheeper than Sammy and give him stuff like the Mace of Redemption. the option would be nice. Maybe the same for the DW?

share your "what if's" if you want ^^ 

What if IC in TDA would have access to wargear like SM?

What if our flyers would have been cheaper and with wargear/rules fitting their role?

What if the Blade of Caliban would be useful?

What if there was a proper Master/Grand master entry to make custom successore chapters without having to hope in a 50$ supplemwnt?

What if PFG would work like any other AoE?

What if pur librarians pay the Second Level as SM ones?

What if Azrael had access to a Honour Guard instead of borrowing a company command Squad?

What if DW sgts Will have again custom wargear?

What if LSV wont cost like 2 LS being useful like just one?

What if DA Will have a proper codex instead of Always looking as a cheap imitation of C:SM?

Hoping in FW's HH to see the Real first legion...

To take it back to the original topic, I'd rather that a Company Master wouldn't be able to do that - unlock Deathwing and Ravenwing as Troops. I'm happiest when the rules follow the background material. Where the Dark Angels are concerned a Company Master can expect to have elements of the Deathwing and the Ravenwing augmenting his Company, but not in such numbers as to march his normal complement of Space Marines. As such, it makes sense that Deathwing be purchased as Elites (which is precisely what they are within their Chapter) and the Ravenwing be purchased as one of the Fast Attack options available (the other being the Assault Marine squads organic to the Company itself).

YUP, me too Phoebus. One of the things that I really like about about this codex is the FoC stuff, not too disimilar to how it has always been and it makes sense to me. Don't get me started on some of the details (Honour Guards, DW Sgts, PFGs, LSVs, Flyers and Special Weapons etc. etc...) but overall the right people can do the right things (relative to FoC).

What if the Lion had given in to the Lord of Change before Magnus was tricked and become the King Sorceror instead? Then we could have a very different Traitor Legion than the Thousand Sons that is sorcery powerful. A Company Master-Sorceror might be able to unlock something akin to a traitor GK squad set up...

what if the emperor had not been a sentimental old sod, and wooped horus backside as soon as they came face to face?

PS: i wont give much time before this thread gets closed by the mods, going off rails as it is

I actually was being serious, I think it might be interesting to explore the topic as a fan-dex at some point.

As far as the question, no, I think the Company Master should stay able to be kitted exactly as it is in the Codex and not unlock any other -Wings. However, I think it would be very cool to have a couple of alternate 1st and 2nd Company Masters, as well as at least one alternate Supreme Grand Master, available in an Unforgiven Succesors Supplement of suitably grandiose name.

As far as the question, no, I think the Company Master should stay able to be kitted exactly as it is in the Codex and not unlock any other -Wings. However, I think it would be very cool to have a couple of alternate 1st and 2nd Company Masters, as well as at least one alternate Supreme Grand Master, available in an Unforgiven Succesors Supplement of suitably grandiose name.

I actually posted nearly that exact same information an hour or so ago, seems the board is not ready for my awesomeness. Poor old Successors, always the last cab off the rank.

I actually posted nearly that exact same information an hour or so ago, seems the board is not ready for my awesomeness. Poor old Successors, always the last cab off the rank.

:lol:

Did the board eat the post?

I think a Successor supplement makes much more sense for the DA than any company supplement, as we basically already have a great deal of information on the Deathwing, Ravenwing and now the 5th Company, so what would a specific company of DA add now? However, a Successor supplement would allow for a highlighting of previously unknown artifacts and possibly a distinguishing combat method (although not too different)/outlook from the mainline DA companies.

....... Poor old Successors, always the last cab off the rank.

... hence they are called successors... the first cab off the rank has to be a primogenitor right? ermm.gif

I think a Successor supplement makes much more sense for the DA than any company supplement, as we basically already have a great deal of information on the Deathwing, Ravenwing and now the 5th Company, so what would a specific company of DA add now? However, a Successor supplement would allow for a highlighting of previously unknown artifacts and possibly a distinguishing combat method (although not too different)/outlook from the mainline DA companies.

Sucecssor Codex Supplement would relally be my "What If?" ..... and preferably on a chapter not clearly linked with the DA... What if we get "Codex Supplement: Angels of Vigilance"

SG

... hence they are called successors... the first cab off the rank has to be a primogenitor right? :ermm:

Sucecssor Codex Supplement would relally be my "What If?" .....  and preferably on a chapter not clearly linked with the DA... What if we get "Codex Supplement: Angels of Vigilance"

SG

Actually I think that GW would do better by releasing a codex : unforgiven successors rather than simply release one codex for one successor. They can't release 5 codex concerning the DA successor it's as much as annex codex for vanilla! And I can't find a reason why choose one successor over another.

... hence they are called successors... the first cab off the rank has to be a primogenitor right? ermm.gif

I can't even spell that msn-wink.gif waitagoddamnedminute....'that's is how you spell it, no 'it' is how you spell that, bugger it, I'm going to cell 42. It'd better damned well be open verymad.gifteehee.gif

Wow - you can tell Christmas isn't far off: we have the ba-humbugers competing for voice with the optimistic Christmas list writers - what fun.

Unforgiven Successors would be neat but maybe focusing on mainly on Characters, HQs (as unlockers to unique wargear and units) and Elites / Fast Attack / as the rest would be very similar to current C:DA?

More input for the Watchers in a Legends of Caliban supplement - also featuring units of Fallen-hunting novice Librarians and Chaplains?

It's difficult to know where to start and stop.

It is - you could essentially design your own army list. Overall, I like our current book, it has a lot of the things I wanted to see explored and like the more knightly take on units too.

But, for s future book I suppose things that might be fun might be the option to upgrade appropiately equipped characters to their respective formations. For example, a libbie with a bike could take a ravenwing upgrade which would give access to the same USRs as standard bike formations.

I'd love to see grenade harnesses for Deathwing, just because I think it fits the DA background, although for game purposes it may be a little over-powered.

Other than that, only minor tweaks to certain units and wargear really.

The idea of the supplement is intriguing although I can't see it happening because I'm not sure how much of a market there is for it. Shame really, as it would e very interesting.

Archived