a "what if" thread

Tiger9gamer

"What if there was a proper Master/Grand master entry to make custom successore chapters without having to hope in a 50$ supplemwnt?"

I was going for this more. Not just a regular captain, I was hoping for something like a generic 2nd and 1st company master. Maybe chose the speciality like chapter tactics? or even a seperate HQ slot like how an ordo Herecitus inquisitor is different then and ordo xeno one. Same could go for DA with one 2nd company master slot thats different than a regular company master.

Belial and Sammael are not just masters but grand masters...

It could be easy to make two different entries master and grand master... Master is the regular company master able to take the normal wargear... Grand master instead could buy TDA to be master of 1st company (unlocking DW as troops) or RW nike (with teleport homer and plasma talon) to unlock RWAS as troops... Ofc RW bike gives you RW SR as well (like TDA gives you DWA)...

Just an errata and not a full,supplement...

I don't want a successor supplement, it would be a waste... Better a RW and a DW one...

I like DA codex, it's not bad but i fell it's incomplete and overcosted sometimes... To me it seems a rushed project... More or less like C:CSM...

Someone asked me if librarians in C:SM pay 2nd level less... Yea they pay 25 instead of 35...

Back before the Codex came out I was advocating using the titles for the entries instead of named characters. Master of the Deathwing instead of Belial etc... Then the Codex could be written to cover all Unforgiven and their heroes of the their Chapter. Then it would have allowed for a bit more customization. Imagine the Chapter Master for the Angels of Vengeance to take to the field with massive mace instead of a heavenfall blade.

I can see a Codex Supplement of the Piscina IV campaign with

Coming back to what Isiah and Gillyfish said.... I also agree that our current codex is just right. I just love it the way it is. However, having bought the printed versions of CodexSupplements Iyanden,Farsight Enclaves and  Black Legion.... I have to say that the additional background fluff detail and development have been phenomenal. From that perspective alone, one can only wish and pray for a Codex Supplement Unforgiven.... or Legends of Caliban (that has a nice ring to it...might hijack it for something later next year!! :)

)...or whatever it may be called.

SG

I don't want a successor supplement, it would be a waste... Better a RW and a DW one...

Speak for yourself. They're are plenty of people here who would sell their organs for more information on the successor chapters, me included. As for a RW/DW supplement, our main codex already focused on those two companies, so why do we need more information on them? No, I for one would much prefer to learn more about the Consecrators and Guardians of the Covenant then rehashed info about the RW/DW.

Sadly GW Will never do a supplement For DA... Not For RW and/or DW not For successors not For any DA company...

They already gave us DV... Period... Maybe some Errata/FAQ (considering How bad is the April one i hope they wont do another one)...

They Will give us just Cypher on Xmas but he is just a Fallen so the only thing we can do is to shoit him to Death...

The only thing we must look to have some DA love is HH by FW... IMHO...

I wouldn't bet on the "no supplement part"... Especially if GW release a datasheet for cypher in the following days.

Asking for a generic "master of the DW" or "master of the RW" however is useless. GW has 2 resin model to sell and they don't want people to get an alternative option that would make those 2 models less necessary.

Who would use Belial or Sammy if you could get a termi captain or bike captain with mass, combi weapon and teleporting field?

Don't expect too much from HH... It will be a standard list with 2 chapter traits one special termi unit and special bike design... Nothing fancy (look at the IH, they don't get that much)

According to BL novel DA have 6 wings during the GC/HH so there is enough material For FW to work on DA special units...

About IH you must consider that after istvaan they retired from the war so it's normal they have less attention by FW...

About supplements and DA, first Cypher is a Fallen, not a DA, second if GW don't have nothing to work on DA to make something... RW and DW are already in the codex and no successor has the same importance as CF or FT...

In addition GW is almost ignoring DA so I highly doubt we will receive something in the next years...

In addition GW is almost ignoring DA so I highly doubt we will receive something in the next years...

Ignoring DA?

Do you actually read what you are writing?

DA are in dark vengeance boxset providing us new cheap models.

We have our codex totally new

We have a special apocalypse add on

We got 5 new units in our last codex securizing our "separate codex" status (ask BT if they are happy to be inside the SM codex now... And it would have been even more easier for DA than for them)

And you dare to state that we are forgotten?

Man, for 15 years that I do play 40k, NEVER such focus has been done on DA and more generally, on a non UM army.

We still can expect a special datasheet like a knights formation in the advent calendar event.

Of course everything is not perfect in our codex, but which codex can say it is? (I know even eldar and Tau players who do complain). For the first time since 2007, DA have a playable codex... Not perfect, not OP like Tau, but playable...

I hope GW Will do something For us on advent calendar but i think all we get is the announced short story and the most important Fallen rules...

We wont get more...

And i play DA since 20 years in 2014 and even if i like the new codex (DWK above all) it Always Leaves me a bittersweet taste of incomplete...

Maybe ignored is a strong word but since the April FAQ that i hate with passion i didnt saw anything cool For DA (yes pandorax but i dont play Apocalypse so it's not the Ideal thing For me) but maybe i am just a grumpy Inner circle veteran...

Archived