My Angels of Vengeance blog

BloodyNightAngel

Greetings, battle brothers. I've recently started an Angels of Vengeance army. I loved their colour scheme and their little piece of background in the Codex. And I also think that they will look great together with Blood Angels as allies on the battlefield.

I wanted to share some pictures of my first tactical squad with you. And if you know where to read some more about his background, please, post it here! 

I am still not very good with freehands and drawing however. 

They look good - the new Tacticals are very nice to work with aren't they? :P

As for freehand, GW actually made (and still does) a set of AoV transfers here. Not sure why the other Unforgiven didn't get any (perhaps they did at one time...?), but at least your chapter gets some! Might save you some work, and there looks to be enough to do a company of marines on there.

Very nice! Minor complaint though - AoV squad markings are white with red numbers (unless you prefer red with white numbers, of course).

What colour are you going to paint robes? AoV have official black robes but I find red to look much better.

2Jack Of The Pelt Right you are, I'm going to do their robes red, red and black look awesome together =)

2Major_Gilbear Hell yeah, I absolutely love the new tac squad!

Talking about freehands, I don't like the idea of using transfers because they look too "shiny" on my minies( 

Thank you for your feedback, guys, I appreciate it!

You might want to look into Microsol and Microset then... They soften, dissolve and finally stick the carrier film on decals when you apply them, leaving just the decal itself. Afterwards, you matte seal as usual, and the decal looks painted on. Youtube tutorial

, but there are lots of other tutorials about for these two products if you want to search for them.

They look good - the new Tacticals are very nice to work with aren't they? tongue.png

As for freehand, GW actually made (and still does) a set of AoV transfers here. Not sure why the other Unforgiven didn't get any (perhaps they did at one time...?), but at least your chapter gets some! Might save you some work, and there looks to be enough to do a company of marines on there.

@Major_Gilbear - Major when I click on that link it just redirects me to the GW homepage. Does GW still make these AoV transfers? I have heard rumors of them and have been desperate to find them but haven't been able to do so on GW's website. I called their customer service line once and was told that they were a limited supply run and are no longer available. Any help tracking them down would be appreciated.

Ultra Magnus

@Major_Gilbear - Major when I click on that link it just redirects me to the GW homepage. Does GW still make these AoV transfers? I have heard rumors of them and have been desperate to find them but haven't been able to do so on GW's website. I called their customer service line once and was told that they were a limited supply run and are no longer available. Any help tracking them down would be appreciated.

Ultra Magnus

It's possible that they are available only locally, although you can order from a different country's portal of the GW webstore AFAIK (well, unless you're in Aus/NZ, anyway).

So if you set your home country for the GW webpage as UK, and try the link above again, you should get through to the right page. The product code is: 99510101136.

Ultra Magnus

It's possible that they are available only locally, although you can order from a different country's portal of the GW webstore AFAIK (well, unless you're in Aus/NZ, anyway).

So if you set your home country for the GW webpage as UK, and try the link above again, you should get through to the right page. The product code is: 99510101136.

Thanks Major!

That was the issue. When I switched my GW site from US to UK there it was!

Archived